Cullen pays tributes to Canaries' departing duo
David Cuffley Former City sales and marketing director Andrew Cullen today paid tribute to his one-time Carrow Road colleagues, departing chairman Roger Munby and chief executive Neil Doncaster.
Former City sales and marketing director Andrew Cullen today paid tribute to his one-time Carrow Road colleagues, departing chairman Roger Munby and chief executive Neil Doncaster.
Cullen left the Canaries at the end of October, after more than 10 years, to take over as sales and marketing chief at MK Dons, and is currently busy preparing for the second leg of their League One promotion play-off against Scunthorpe.
He said he was sad to hear of the exit of men he worked so closely with for a decade.
"It's difficult to know what to say. The news has only just hit me. I worked with both of them for a long time," he said. "I came to the club at about the same time as Neil, and Roger was part of the recruitment panel when I arrived, along with Martin Armstrong, Barry Skipper and Gordon Bennett.
"Roger was an inspiration to me, and Neil and I enjoyed a thoroughly productive working relationship over many, many years. I'd just like to thank them for all they did for me and wish them every success in the future.
- 1 ‘Everton couldn’t cope with him’ - Shearer hails City striker’s display
- 2 Canaries curse continues as Everton sack Benitez
- 3 Smith's pride at City's spirited 2-1 Everton win
- 4 Idah hungry to prove himself for City as patience pays off
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: City 2-1 Everton
- 6 CANARIES 2 EVERTON 1 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 7 Former City boss Farke returns to work in Russia with 'positive feeling'
- 8 Hugill talks planned for Smith
- 9 Onel Hernandez joins Birmingham City on loan
- 10 STARTING XIs: Two changes for City as McLean misses Everton clash
"It's sad to see them go but for Norwich City, life goes on. It will be interesting to see what happens."