Cup agony for Bungay
Royston Town Ladies 2, 1 Bungay Town Ladies 1
Another frustrating week for the ladies in the League Cup saw them go down to a side that were second best for most of the game.
Once again lack of clear-cut chances and silly mistakes cost the team dearly.
After a long trip to Hertfordshire, Bungay started very well and didn’t allow Royston any of the ball within the first fifteen minutes. They were unlucky not to go ahead when Lauren Mickleburgh’s first time effort just went over the bar and a number of other chances went begging.
In similar fashion to previous weeks, two soft goals were awarded to the other team, which meant despite being on top for the majority of the half, Bungay went into the break 2-0 down.
You may also want to watch:
Half time saw a number of changes, but much to Bungay’s disappointment Jo Oakley sustained a knee injury and was unable to continue, leaving Bungay down to ten with a least 20 minutes to play.
The spirit of the team did, however, shine through and a good ball from Leo Daulby put Michelle Stanborough through who calmy chipped the keeper to give Bungay some hope.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 City miss chance to secure title in Watford defeat
These were Royston’s best moments and a player of the match performance from Remy Dowe kept the score at a respectable level.
Bungay return to league action next week away to Taverham and look to cut out silly mistakes to start getting the results the team deserve.
Player of the match: Remy Dowe.
Squad: Remy Dowe, Caroline Wright, Lauren Purling, Sian Carter, Amber Rowland, Lauren Mickleburgh, Kate Pasque, Leo Daulby, Michelle Stanborough, Imo Williams, Leah Shepperd, Jo Oakley, Bronwyn Elsden.