Cup fails to produce any shocks
It was Nicholson’s of Stalham Benevolent Cup day and it failed to produce any shocks results going with early season form. The biggest win of the day came at MADRA where third division Trunch were given no favours at all by the first division hosts Mundesley, who ran out 12-0 victors.
First Division North Walsham ‘A’ at Hickling netted eight with the home side scoring once, another Division One side, Haisboro Athletic, also at home saw off second division outfit Cawston 6-1, whilst at Woodhill, Runton were 5-1 winners over Cromer Youth Old Boys. East Ruston had a closer encounter with Blakeney winning 3-1.
In the all Division One tie at Ludham, where Horning were the visitors, and it was they who went through by the odd goal of five after extra-time. The game between Holt ‘A’ and Erpingham also went to extra-time and with the scores still level Holt went through 3-1 on penalties.
In the Slater & Frith Division One, Worstead hit eight away at Corpusty who replied once, Aldborough Lions also cracked in eight in the Wayford Nurseries Division Two away at Gimingham Reserves who netted twice.
In the Knights Trophies Division Three, Aldborough Lions Reserves won the local derby at Erpingham Reserves by the odd goal of five and Holt Colts were 4-0 winners away at Southrepps.
You may also want to watch:
The NPSS Security Services NEN League has suffered another loss of a team when Buxton Reserves informed the league that due to lack of players they were forced to withdraw, this after a very long association.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 City keeper issues injury update