Cup frustration for Bungay
Royston Town Ladies 2, Bungay Town Ladies 1
Another frustrating week for Bungay in the League Cup.
They went down to a side that were second best for most of the game and once again lack of clear-cut chances and silly mistakes cost the team dearly.
After a long trip to Hertfordshire, Bungay started very well and didnt allow Royston any of the ball within the first fifteen minutes. They were unlucky not to go ahead when Lauren Mickleburgh’s first-time effort just went over the bar and a number of other chances went begging.
In similar fashion to previous weeks two soft goals were awarded to the other team, which meant despite being on top for the majority of the half, Bungay went into the break 2-0 down.
You may also want to watch:
Half time saw a number of changes, but much to Bungay’s dissappointment Jo Oakley sustained a knee injury and was unable to continue leaving Bungay down to ten with a least twenty to play. The spirit of the team did however shine through and a good ball from Leo Daulby put Michelle Stanborough through who calmy chipped the keeper to give Bungay some hope.
These were Royston’s best moments and a player-of-the-match performance from Remy Dowe kept the score at a respectable level.
- 1 City forward closing in on Huddersfield loan move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumour: Boro full-back on the radar
- 3 'We’ll both push each other for that shirt' - City ace's Aarons battle
- 4 Former Norwich City chief set for Hibs
- 5 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 HAVE YOUR SAY: Where will Norwich City finish in the Premier League next season?
- 8 'They want the best for me' - Youngster's debt to City for loan chance
- 9 City will have away fans at Sheffield United
- 10 Norwich City Under-23s to play some matches at The Walks
Bungay return to league action next week away to Taverham and look to cut out silly mistakes to start getting the results the team deserve.
Player of match: Remy Dowe.
Squad: Remy Dowe, Caroline Wright, Lauren Purling, Sian Carter, Amber Rowland, Lauren Mickleburgh, Kate Pasque, Leo Daulby, Michelle Stanborough, Imo Williams, Leah Shepperd, Jo Oakley, Bronwyn Elsden.