Cup goals galore
Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk LeagueIn Division One, Thetford Rovers Reserves recorded a good 6-2 home win over Hingham Athletic to maintain their 100 per cent record, as did Tacolneston who were 7-2 winners at Cockers.
Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League
In Division One, Thetford Rovers Reserves recorded a good 6-2 home win over Hingham Athletic to maintain their 100 per cent record, as did Tacolneston who were 7-2 winners at Cockers. Bridgham United started their climb up the table with a 3-1 win at Cranworth, Narborough won 5-1 at Rockland United and Dereham Town A slipped to their first defeat, 4-0 at the hands of Shipdham.
There was only one other league match and that was in Division Three. Narborough Reserves beat Rockland United Reserves 6-2 to move to the top of the table.
The rest of the programme was given over the first round league cup games.
You may also want to watch:
In the Chequered Flag Primary League Cup for second division teams, there was only one away winner. That was Castle Acre Swifts who had an impressive 5-1 win at the holders, Morley Village. Feltwell United ran out 4-0 winners over Yaxham while Northwold S&SC beat Saham Toney Reserves by the same score. Nostro were 5-2 home winners over Wymondham Town A and Sporle ran up the same score line in knocking out Shropham United
In the Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup for third and fourth division teams, there were some high scores including a new league cup record. Bawdeswell's 24-0 drubbing of Dereham Cockers United beat the 27-year record of 18-0 held by Mulbarton United Reserves since November 1983.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
Two other teams recorded double figures - Diss Town A beat Scarning United 10-2 and Stoke Ferry netted 10 against Shipdham Reserves without reply. Thurton and Ashby ran out 9-0 winners at Beetley United and Rampant Horse enjoyed an 8-2 win over Nostro Reserves.
Wendling were the only other home team to win, beating Shropham United Reserves 2-0. Breckland Wanderers won by the odd goal of seven at Great Cressingham and North Elmham did likewise at Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves after extra-time. Marham Wanderers were too strong for Tacolneston Reserves, running out 5-0 winners while Gressenhall Reserves won by the only goal of the game at Mattishall. Splitz United won 4-1 at North Elmham Reserves and Colkirk were 4-2 winners at Weasenham Wanderers.