Cup holders Dereham Town A scrape through
Most of the First Division teams were involved in the first round of the Sound & Vision Junior League Cup. The holders Dereham Town A were given a good run for their money by Morley Village but eventually came out on top with a 3-2 winning scoreline.
Swaffham Town A needed extra time to get the better of Bridgham United, winning 6-4 while Rockland United won 3-2 at Castle Acre Swifts. Thetford Rovers Reserves won 3-1 at Narborough while Yaxham had a comfortable 5-1 home win over Tacolneston. The other match between Shipdham and Gressenhall ended goalless after extra time with Shipdham eventually winning 5-4 on penalties.
The only match in Division One saw North Elmham beat Northwold S&SC 6-0, a result which moves them up to third.
Division Two leaders Scarning United were pushed all the way by Tugas United but won by the odd goal of nine to maintain their unbeaten record. Rampant Horse are up to second after their 3-2 win at Cockers while Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves surrendered their 100% record in a 2-1 home defeat at the hands of Necton, a result which drops them one place to third. Bawdeswell slip to bottom place and are still looking for their first points after losing 7-0 at home to Hethersett Athletic. Sporle recorded their first win with a 2-1 home success over Saham Toney Reserves and West End netted six without reply from Nostro.
Attleborough Athletic continue to lead Division Three with a 100% record after beating Weeting 5-1 at home and Wendling are up to second with a similar record following their 2-0 win at Great Cressingham. Colkirk are third after winning 4-2 at home to Mattishall A and Stoke Ferry are fourth after dropping their first points in a 1-1 home draw with Litcham. Methwold United beat Marham Wanderers 2-0 while Narborough Reserves lifted themselves out of bottom place with their first win, beating Rockland United Reserves 4-2.
You may also want to watch:
Weasenham Wanderers stay top of Division Four following their 6-1 home win over Castle Acre Swifts Reserves and Walsingham United move above Yaxham Reserves into second spot after beating them 5-2. Dereham Cockers United ran out 6-3 winners at Gressenhall Reserves and Feltwell United Reserves proved too strong for Tacolneston Reserves, winning there 6-1.
In the remaining match in the first round of the Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup, Northwold S&SC Reserves beat North Elmham Reserves by the odd goal of five.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
In the replays in the first round of the Norfolk Primary Cup, Splitz United beat South Creake Reserves 3-1 but Hingham Athletic Reserves went out after losing 2-1 to Flitcham & Hillington.