Cup upset as Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves beat Dereham Town A
Most of the league’s programme was dominated by the third round of the Ben Smith Memorial Cup. The teams from Division One enter at this stage and there was only one real upset with Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves beating Dereham Town A 1-0.
Other First Division teams did better with Tacolneston wining 6-3 at Feltwell United Reserves, Castle Acre Swifts scoring nine without reply from Gressenhall Reserves and Rockland United beating Tugas United by the odd goal of three. Northwold S&SC won 3-1 at Weeting while Yaxham ran out 8-0 winners at Wendling.
In all First Division clashes, Morley Village beat North Elmham 2-1, Gressenhall won 2-0 at Shipdham and Thetford Rovers Reserves were 6-1 home winners over Bridgham United. Two First Division teams were held to draws by opponents from Division Four. Swaffham Town A drew 2-2 at Mulbarton Wanderers A but went through 4-3 on penalties and Beetley United held Narborough to a 3-3 draw but, as a penalty competition did not follow, the matter will have to be referred to the Management Committee.
Three teams from Division Two made progress. Nostro won 6-0 at Castle Acre Swifts Reserves, Cockers won by the same score at Dereham Cockers United and Scarning United beat Tacolneston Reserves 7-1. Marham Wanderers kept the Third Division flag flying with a 5-3 home win over Attleborough Athletic. In an outstanding second round match, Litcham won 4-2 at Weasenham Wanderers.
There were just two matches in Division Two - Hethersett Athletic beat Sporle by the odd goal of seven while Necton ran out 5-0 home winners over Bawdeswell.
You may also want to watch:
Division Three leaders Watton United A went down 2-1 at Stoke Ferry. Hingham Athletic Reserves enjoyed a good 4-2 home win over Colkirk and Rockland United Reserves secured only their second league win of the season with a 5-3 win at Great Cressingham. Narborough Reserves, who started the day in bottom spot, beat Splitz United 3-1 at home, a result which leaves North Elmham Reserves at the foot of the table after their 8-4 defeat at the hands of Methwold United.
In Division Four, second-placed Walsingham United beat bottom team Methwold United Reserves 6-2 while Nostro Reserves and Shipdham Reserves took a point each from a 2-2 draw.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 6 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 7 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 8 City hold talks with Nyland
- 9 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 10 'It’s difficult, but it’s a nice difficulty' - ex-City man's verdict on Buendia