Cureton joins Shrewsbury on loan
Jamie Cureton has joined Shrewsbury Town on loan from Norwich City until the end of the season. The 35-year-old has been in talks with Town for a while and manager Paul Simpson has finally landed the striker.
Jamie Cureton has joined Shrewsbury Town on loan from Norwich City until the end of the season.
The 35-year-old has been in talks with Town for a while and manager Paul Simpson has finally landed the striker.
The deal was agreed on Tuesday and Cureton travelled up to Shrewsbury Wednesday lunchtime to finalise the paperwork on the move.
Simpson told the club's official website: "I'm delighted that Jamie has agreed to join us on loan until the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
"He has a goal scoring record is as good as anyone playing in English football today.
"Hopefully he will add something a little different to our squad during this important run in to the end of the season."
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 City miss chance to secure title in Watford defeat