Cureton needs emergency op
Norwich City striker Jamie Cureton could be sidelined until next month after undergoing an appendix operation.Cureton had surgery on Monday night to remove an inflamed appendix after complaining of feeling unwell on the eve of City's weekend win over Preston.
Norwich City striker Jamie Cureton could be sidelined until next month after undergoing an appendix operation.
Cureton had surgery on Monday night to remove an inflamed appendix after complaining of feeling unwell on the eve of City's weekend win over Preston.
Canaries' boss Glenn Roeder has now ruled Cureton out until Barnsley's Carrow Road visit on February 23 - at the earliest.
“Jamie wasn't feeling well on Friday but he picked himself up sufficiently to take part on Saturday,” said Roeder.
You may also want to watch:
“But on Sunday his stomach problem returned and he was admitted for surgery on Monday night, for an operation that was a complete success. We would like to wish Jamie a speedy recovery and hope that he doesn't miss more than two or three games.”
Cureton's enforced absence leaves Roeder facing a striking crisis ahead of Saturday's trip to Cardiff. Roeder may now be forced back into the emergency loan market, which re-opens later this week, in a bid to bolster his depleted frontline.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 3 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 4 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 7 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?