Daniel Farke looking forward to working with ‘smart and technical’ midfielder Mario Vrancic at Norwich City
- Credit: Jason Dawson/JASONPIX
Head coach Daniel Farke is confident new signing Mario Vrancic has the ability to impress in the Championship with Norwich City.
The Bosnia & Herzegovina international has signed a three-year deal with the Canaries following the completion of a move from German side Darmstadt, reportedly worth around £650,000.
“I’ve followed Mario’s path for several years,” City’s new German boss said.
“He played in Paderborn, the city where I come from. I’m really glad to work with him as he’s a very good character.
“He’s a really nice and kind guy too. I want players who give all their passion and emotions for our team and who always want to learn.
“I want players who really want to be at Norwich and want to do the things we’re going to do. Mario is perfect for that and is a very good fit for us.”
You may also want to watch:
The 28-year-old was responsible for free-kicks at Darmstadt and scored four goals in 23 Bundesliga games last season but wasn’t able to stop his former club from being relegated.
“Mario is an intelligent player and technically is very good,” Farke added, speaking to City’s official website.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 7 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 8 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 9 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 10 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
“He has a brilliant left foot and is very good with set-pieces. He’s able to assist and able to score.
“He will bring a lot of creativity and special moments to the team. I’m really looking forward to working with such a smart and technical player.”