Farke nominated for Manager of the Month award for the fourth time this season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke has been nominated for the Championship Manager of the Month award for January, the fourth time he has featured on the shortlist for the accolade this season.
Norwich City's boss guided his side to an unbeaten month in the league, extracting 10 points from a possible 12. The Canaries conceded only one goal as they remained top of the division, but saw their stay at the summit ended by Brentford earlier this week.
Farke's name has been a reoccurring one among the nominations for this award all season, but the German is yet to be crowned as the winner.
Swansea boss Steve Cooper, Reading head coach Veljko Paunovic and Blackburn Rovers manager Tony Mowbray are also up for the award.
All the coaches up for the gong managed to guide their sides to an unbeaten month, with Swansea facing promotion-rivals Brentford and Watford during the first month of the year, which may see Cooper claim the award ahead of the other nominees.
City began the month with a 1-0 victory over Barnsley courtesy of a wonderful Emi Buendia volley. Wins against Cardiff and Bristol City followed before a frustrating end to the month as Neil Warnock's Middlesbrough halted City's attacking swagger.
The Sky Bet Manager of the Month judging panel comprises former Barnsley manager Danny Wilson, Sky Sports’ EFL pundit Don Goodman; EFL Communications Director Mark Rowan, and Sky Bet EFL trader Ivor Davies.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries win clash of the top two
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' stirring 1-0 Championship win against Brentford
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 City ready to fight fire with fire against Toney and the Bees
- 5 Farke would rather have a drink with Guardiola than Town's new boss next season
- 6 'Quality' City loanee 'unlucky with injuries' during Rovers spell, says Johnson
- 7 Millwall forward praises City's defensive steel
- 8 Norwich City v Brentford: everything you need to know
- 9 'Massive' - City fans full of praise after vital Brentford win
- 10 City take 'massive step' to the Premier League admits McLean
The winner will be announced on Friday, February 12 at 6am.