Daniel Sturridge wants to fire Liverpool into top four after goal against Norwich City makes it three in three
- Credit: Dave Rawcliffe/Focus Images Ltd
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge hopes his goals can help fire the Reds to a top four finish.
The £12m signing from Chelsea has hit the ground running following his Anfield switch and his goal against the Canaries made it three goals in as many games.
The 22-year-old hopes his goals can help Liverpool achieve their number one aim this season – qualifying for the Champions League.
“I’m not interested in how many goals I score – I’m interested in where we finish as a team,” said Sturridge, who was deemed surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge.
“The main aim for me, which drives me on, is to get us into the top four and play Champions League football next season. It’s what everybody wants. That’s a realistic target for us and I don’t see why we can’t get there.”
You may also want to watch:
Sturridge’s instant understanding with Suarez threatens to establish the consistency the Reds have been craving so far this season.
“We have good chemistry and off the field he’s a good guy as well,” he said. “It’s really good to be part of such a great team with him and long may it continue.”
- 1 City forward closing in on Huddersfield loan move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumour: Boro full-back on the radar
- 3 'We’ll both push each other for that shirt' - City ace's Aarons battle
- 4 Former Norwich City chief set for Hibs
- 5 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 HAVE YOUR SAY: Where will Norwich City finish in the Premier League next season?
- 8 'They want the best for me' - Youngster's debt to City for loan chance
- 9 City will have away fans at Sheffield United
- 10 Norwich City Under-23s to play some matches at The Walks
“We’re all on the same wavelength, we all understand positions. If Luis goes up front, I’ll drop in behind him. There’s no position for any of us, we run around and when we defend we get back into shape.
“When we are fluid, it’s better as a team because it gives the opposition problems.
“I’m just happy to be a part of a great front four and in great company as well.”