Born: Huntingdon (Oct 18, 1990)
Height: 6ft, 1in.
You may also want to watch:
Weight: 12st, 12lbs.
Date signed: July 1, 2009
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 8 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 9 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 10 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
Signed from: Academy
Contract: June 2010 with a one-year option
City debut: TBC
International Honours: Republic of Ireland Under-19 captain
With the ability to operate effectively both in the centre of defence or as a centre forward, Academy scholar Danny Kelly joined the professional ranks at Colney on July 1 this year. The Republic of Ireland under-19 captain agreed a one-year deal with a one-year option after impressing during his two-year scholarship.
Danny played 28 times last season for the successful Academy under-18 side, scoring seven times, including a hat-trick in their 5-1 victory over Charlton Athletic back in November 2007. With Danny looking equally at home in defence or attack many observers have drawn a comparison with former Norwich City youth product Chris Sutton who of course began his career as a defender before being switching to a striking role.