Date for FA Youth Cup tie against Barnsley is confirmed by Canaries
- Credit: Andy Kearns/Focus Images Limited
The date for Norwich City Under-18s’ tie against Barnsley in the FA Youth Cup third round has been confirmed.
City will host the match at Carrow Road at 7pm on Tuesday, December 12, with ticket prices yet to be confirmed.
Norwich are the only team to have lifted the trophy other than Chelsea in the last six finals, in 2013, and reached the fifth round last season.
Six of the young Canaries’ last seven games in the competition have been away from home, winning at Watford and Burnley before losing 2-0 to Tottenham at Stevenage in 2016-17.
The previous season wins away to Hull and Sunderland were followed by a dramatic 5-4 extra-time win over Middlesbrough at Carrow Road in the fifth round but a 2-0 loss at Manchester City in the quarter-finals.
You may also want to watch:
The clash with the Tykes will be settled on the night, with extra-time and penalties to be played if needed. The draw for the fourth round is scheduled to be made on Friday, December 8.
For further ticket details, see canaries.co.uk.
- 1 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 2 Thankless task for makeshift striker Marco in Coventry draw
- 3 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and the City curse
- 8 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 9 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 10 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage