Date for FA Youth Cup tie against Barnsley is confirmed by Canaries
- Credit: Andy Kearns/Focus Images Limited
The date for Norwich City Under-18s’ tie against Barnsley in the FA Youth Cup third round has been confirmed.
City will host the match at Carrow Road at 7pm on Tuesday, December 12, with ticket prices yet to be confirmed.
Norwich are the only team to have lifted the trophy other than Chelsea in the last six finals, in 2013, and reached the fifth round last season.
Six of the young Canaries’ last seven games in the competition have been away from home, winning at Watford and Burnley before losing 2-0 to Tottenham at Stevenage in 2016-17.
The previous season wins away to Hull and Sunderland were followed by a dramatic 5-4 extra-time win over Middlesbrough at Carrow Road in the fifth round but a 2-0 loss at Manchester City in the quarter-finals.
You may also want to watch:
The clash with the Tykes will be settled on the night, with extra-time and penalties to be played if needed. The draw for the fourth round is scheduled to be made on Friday, December 8.
For further ticket details, see canaries.co.uk.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 9 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit