Date for FA Youth Cup tie against Barnsley is confirmed by Canaries
- Credit: Andy Kearns/Focus Images Limited
The date for Norwich City Under-18s’ tie against Barnsley in the FA Youth Cup third round has been confirmed.
City will host the match at Carrow Road at 7pm on Tuesday, December 12, with ticket prices yet to be confirmed.
Norwich are the only team to have lifted the trophy other than Chelsea in the last six finals, in 2013, and reached the fifth round last season.
Six of the young Canaries’ last seven games in the competition have been away from home, winning at Watford and Burnley before losing 2-0 to Tottenham at Stevenage in 2016-17.
The previous season wins away to Hull and Sunderland were followed by a dramatic 5-4 extra-time win over Middlesbrough at Carrow Road in the fifth round but a 2-0 loss at Manchester City in the quarter-finals.
You may also want to watch:
The clash with the Tykes will be settled on the night, with extra-time and penalties to be played if needed. The draw for the fourth round is scheduled to be made on Friday, December 8.
For further ticket details, see canaries.co.uk.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 9 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know