Davey completes City's comeback
John Landamore Fulham U18 1, Norwich City U18 2: City's Academy side took their unbeaten run to five games with a win over Fulham at Motspur Park yesterday afternoon.
Fulham U18 1, Norwich City U18 2
City's Academy side took their unbeaten run to five games with a win over Fulham at Motspur Park yesterday afternoon. After four successive draws City had to come from a goal behind to claim all three points against a Fulham side who have been in good form recently. Darren Bloodworth took charge of proceedings as City found themselves on the back foot throughout the first half and they found themselves a goal behind at the break and it might have been an even bigger hill to climb had it not been for a string of fine saves from Canary keeper Declan Rudd. It was however certainly a different City side that emerged after the break and they got themselves back on level terms on 52 minutes when trialist Jordan Dowdican executed a turn on the edge of the box before firing the ball home. City continued to hold the upper hand with Tom Miller who had come on for an injured David Stephens controlling the middle of the park. Their winning goal came with just eight minutes left on the clock when the Fulham keeper could only parry a stinging shot from Mark O'Toole, Canary duo Korey Smith and Nick Davey were first to react with Davey bundling the ball over the line. The only down side of the game came deep in stoppage time when O'Toole received his second yellow card.
t Norwich: Rudd, Cooper, O'Toole, Smith, Habergham, D Kelly, Adeyemi (Richardson 60), Stephens (Miller 32), Dowdican (Davey 60), Daley, R Kelly. Sub not used: Dawkin.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City MoM: Tom Miller.
t City's Academy side play their penultimate home game of the season at Colney on Saturday when they entertain Aston Villa (11).
- 1 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 6 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 7 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 10 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song