David Bentley charged with drink driving
Former Norwich City loanee David Bentley has been charged with drink driving.Bentley, who has been out of favour at Tottenham, was involved in a collision with a lamp-post in the early hours of this morning, Hertfordshire police have confirmed.
Former Norwich City loanee David Bentley has been charged with drink driving.
Bentley, who has been out of favour at Tottenham, was involved in a collision with a lamp-post in the early hours of this morning, Hertfordshire police have confirmed.
A police spokeswoman said: "He has been charged with a drink driving offence and has been released on bail to return to St Albans Magistrates' Court on August 28.
"The charge is in connection with an incident which happened last night.
You may also want to watch:
"A member of the public called just after 3am to report a single vehicle road traffic collision in Judges Hill, Northaw.
"A man was arrested at the scene and taken to Hatfield Police Station.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
"This morning David Bentley, 24, has been charged with an offence to appear in a few weeks."
Bentley released a statement apologising for his actions but is still likely to be fined by Spurs.
It read: "I should like to apologise to my club and the supporters for my actions which led to my car accident last night and my subsequent charge.
"It was wholly unacceptable and I fully appreciate that as a professional footballer I have a duty to behave in a reputable and responsible manner.
"I am thankful that nobody was injured in the accident. This has been a wake-up call for me both personally and professionally.''