Position: Central defender
Born: Welwyn Garden City (Oct 8, 1991)
Height: 6ft, 4in.
You may also want to watch:
Weight: 14st, 6lbs.
Date signed: June 30, 2009
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto
Signed from: Academy
Contract: June 2011
City debut: v Gillingham A (Oct 6, 2009)
International Honours: Wales Under-19
David initially joined Norwich City as a 13-year-old and played the majority of his Academy games as a central midfield player before moving to his current position of centre back. At 6' 4" David has all the natural attributes to be a dominant central defender and shows excellent pace and ability on the ball.
At the age of 16, David represented Wales at both under-17 and under-19 levels.He featured in all four of City's FA Youth Cup games last season and also played a major role in helping the youth team to the runners-up spot in Group A of the Under-18s Premier League. In June 2009 he was rewarded with his first professional contract after just one year of his two-year Academy scholarship.