Position: Central defender
Born: Welwyn Garden City (Oct 8, 1991)
Height: 6ft, 4in.
Weight: 14st, 6lbs.
Date signed: June 30, 2009
- 1 'Such an odd game' - City fans react to Huddersfield win
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries lodge loan bid for Metz left-back
- 3 Smith delivers upbeat Pukki bulletin after Sargent inspires City win
- 4 CANARIES 2 TERRIERS 1 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 5 Upward mobility in reach for City chief
- 6 Follow live updates of Norwich City v Huddersfield Town
- 7 STARTING XIs: Pukki misses out for City
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: City 2-1 Huddersfield
- 9 PRESSER: Norwich City v Huddersfield - Sorensen suffers break; Pukki x-ray
- 10 David Hannant: I think we have a new Carrow Road cult hero
Signed from: Academy
Contract: June 2011
City debut: v Gillingham A (Oct 6, 2009)
International Honours: Wales Under-19
David initially joined Norwich City as a 13-year-old and played the majority of his Academy games as a central midfield player before moving to his current position of centre back. At 6' 4" David has all the natural attributes to be a dominant central defender and shows excellent pace and ability on the ball.
At the age of 16, David represented Wales at both under-17 and under-19 levels.He featured in all four of City's FA Youth Cup games last season and also played a major role in helping the youth team to the runners-up spot in Group A of the Under-18s Premier League. In June 2009 he was rewarded with his first professional contract after just one year of his two-year Academy scholarship.