Position: Central defender
Born: Welwyn Garden City (Oct 8, 1991)
Height: 6ft, 4in.
You may also want to watch:
Weight: 14st, 6lbs.
Date signed: June 30, 2009
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 8 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 9 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 10 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
Signed from: Academy
Contract: June 2011
City debut: v Gillingham A (Oct 6, 2009)
International Honours: Wales Under-19
David initially joined Norwich City as a 13-year-old and played the majority of his Academy games as a central midfield player before moving to his current position of centre back. At 6' 4" David has all the natural attributes to be a dominant central defender and shows excellent pace and ability on the ball.
At the age of 16, David represented Wales at both under-17 and under-19 levels.He featured in all four of City's FA Youth Cup games last season and also played a major role in helping the youth team to the runners-up spot in Group A of the Under-18s Premier League. In June 2009 he was rewarded with his first professional contract after just one year of his two-year Academy scholarship.