Dawkin hits treble to down Spurs
Tottenham U18s 2, Norwich City U18s 4: Welsh Under-19 international Josh Dawkin fired a hat-trick to help Norwich City Under-18s triumph at Tottenham on Saturday.
Tottenham U18s 2, Norwich City U18s 4
Welsh Under-19 international Josh Dawkin fired a hat-trick to help Norwich City Under-18s triumph at Tottenham on Saturday.
Richard Brindley also got on the scoresheet for the young Canaries, who suffered the early blow of conceding a goal after only three minutes.
However, they didn't let their heads drop after England youth international Jed Steep made an outstanding save in the 23rd minute, they drew level through Dawkin, who finished with aplomb after being put through one-on-one.
City roared away with the match in the second period and the game was as good as over by the 72nd minute as Dawkin completed his treble while Brindley was also on target.
Tottenham pulled one back in the 90th minute from the penalty spot but Academy manager Ricky Martin was delighted with the performance of his youngsters. “The lads were absolutely outstanding today and that second half has to be one of the best 45 minutes I have seen from a young Canary side,” he told the official club website.
- 1 On-loan City striker Soto switches Portugal for Scotland
- 2 Hanley urges City to up the ante
- 3 Injury scare for in-form City forward at Southend
- 4 City survival rival will improve under my old boss - Sutton
- 5 The prime Canaries content available to Pink Un+ subscribers
- 6 Zimbo returns as City U23s go second thanks to Kamara double
- 7 Put your questions to Canaries legend Chris Sutton
- 8 City striker frustrated but ready to battle if Baggies loan continues
- 9 Strange but rewarding return for Canaries midfielder
- 10 City loanee Onel proves a goalscoring talisman for Blues
“Everybody played their part and it's great to get our first away win under our belts, something that took us several games last year.”
t Norwich City: Steer, Dobbs, Gordon, Florence, Francomb, Aytic, Dawkin (Hall-Johnson 85), Brindley, Loza (Simons 80), Ball (c), Kelly (Stephens 67). Unused subs: Toffolo, Matthews.