Dawkin hits treble to down Spurs
Tottenham U18s 2, Norwich City U18s 4: Welsh Under-19 international Josh Dawkin fired a hat-trick to help Norwich City Under-18s triumph at Tottenham on Saturday.
Tottenham U18s 2, Norwich City U18s 4
Welsh Under-19 international Josh Dawkin fired a hat-trick to help Norwich City Under-18s triumph at Tottenham on Saturday.
Richard Brindley also got on the scoresheet for the young Canaries, who suffered the early blow of conceding a goal after only three minutes.
However, they didn't let their heads drop after England youth international Jed Steep made an outstanding save in the 23rd minute, they drew level through Dawkin, who finished with aplomb after being put through one-on-one.
You may also want to watch:
City roared away with the match in the second period and the game was as good as over by the 72nd minute as Dawkin completed his treble while Brindley was also on target.
Tottenham pulled one back in the 90th minute from the penalty spot but Academy manager Ricky Martin was delighted with the performance of his youngsters. “The lads were absolutely outstanding today and that second half has to be one of the best 45 minutes I have seen from a young Canary side,” he told the official club website.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
“Everybody played their part and it's great to get our first away win under our belts, something that took us several games last year.”
t Norwich City: Steer, Dobbs, Gordon, Florence, Francomb, Aytic, Dawkin (Hall-Johnson 85), Brindley, Loza (Simons 80), Ball (c), Kelly (Stephens 67). Unused subs: Toffolo, Matthews.