Deacon's diving header is not enough
RIDGEONS LEAGUE: DISS were knocked out of The FA Cup sponsored by E.On in the Extra Preliminary Round last Saturday. Premier Division Walsham-le-Willows won 2-1 at Brewers Green Lane.
DISS were knocked out of The FA Cup sponsored by E.On in the Extra Preliminary Round last Saturday.
Premier Division Walsham-le-Willows won 2-1 at Brewers Green Lane.
They opened the scoring in the 22nd minute when Andy Cusack shot in from ten yards out after Mark Camidge blocked a shot after Will Brown burst through the middle and hit a shot from the edge of the penalty area.
Shaun Thorrold broke down the right wing and played a perfect pass into the path of James Tatham.
You may also want to watch:
He made it 2-0 in the 30th minute. Diss created chances but had to wait until the 57th minute to score.
A free-kick from Brendan Foley saw Ben Deacon dive to glance his header into the corner of the net from seven yards out.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 5 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 10 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
We thank the Diss Town directors for sponsorship of the match.
The FA Cup defeats for Diss and Downham has resulted in the league game between the two teams being brought forward from March to next Saturday at BGL, kick-off 3pm.
There is a local derby league match away at Debenham Leisure Centre on Tuesday, kick-off at 7.45pm.
Diss Reserves start their league matches at home to Thetford Reserves on Tuesday, kick-off 7.45pm. They still seek a manager.
Diss Under-18s first league match is at home to Ipswich Wanderers Under-18s on Thursday, kick-off 7.45pm.
Diss Under-9s played their first ever match last Sunday.
They won a friendly match at Thetford Independents 1-0 with a goal from Alfie Parry.
The next Diss Town FC prize bingo will be on Monday, September 15, doors open at 7.15pm for eyes down at 8pm and the next Barry H evening is Saturday, September 13 from 8pm with hot food available for purchase.
Entry is free to club members with a charge of £2 levied to all others.
There will be music with Kenny and The Strollers next Friday, August 29 from 8pm (entry £5).
The Diss Town Football Club House is available for hire for various parties - birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, engagements, school reunions, etc.
Contact the club on 01379 651223 for details.