Deehan joins Grimsby staff
Former Norwich City manager John Deehan has been appointed as head of recruitment at Grimsby Town.Deehan, who was chief scout at Carrow Road during Bryan Gunn's short reign as City boss, has already started work with the League Two strugglers.
Former Norwich City manager John Deehan has been appointed as head of recruitment at Grimsby Town.
Deehan, who was chief scout at Carrow Road during Bryan Gunn's short reign as City boss, has already started work with the League Two strugglers.
Grimsby manager Neil Woods told the club's official website: “He will come in and help in any way that he can do.
“His job will be to go out and watch players. He's very experienced and he will help us build a database of short term and potential long term player targets.
You may also want to watch:
“He has a lot of contacts already and that will be the main emphasis of what he will be doing.
“He will initially be coming to our games to see us play and find out the level that we are at.”
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 8 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
The former City striker has managed Norwich, Wigan and, in a caretaker role, Aston Villa and been part of management teams at Sheffield United, Huddersfield, Northampton, Lincoln and Kettering, as well as scouting for Bolton.