Deehan joins Grimsby staff
Former Norwich City manager John Deehan has been appointed as head of recruitment at Grimsby Town.Deehan, who was chief scout at Carrow Road during Bryan Gunn's short reign as City boss, has already started work with the League Two strugglers.
Former Norwich City manager John Deehan has been appointed as head of recruitment at Grimsby Town.
Deehan, who was chief scout at Carrow Road during Bryan Gunn's short reign as City boss, has already started work with the League Two strugglers.
Grimsby manager Neil Woods told the club's official website: “He will come in and help in any way that he can do.
“His job will be to go out and watch players. He's very experienced and he will help us build a database of short term and potential long term player targets.
You may also want to watch:
“He has a lot of contacts already and that will be the main emphasis of what he will be doing.
“He will initially be coming to our games to see us play and find out the level that we are at.”
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 5 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 9 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 10 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
The former City striker has managed Norwich, Wigan and, in a caretaker role, Aston Villa and been part of management teams at Sheffield United, Huddersfield, Northampton, Lincoln and Kettering, as well as scouting for Bolton.