‘It’s getting boring. I demand more. We demand more’ – Defeat at Forest increases worries further for Norwich fans
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The worries are clear among Norwich City supporters this evening after a 1-0 loss at Nottingham Forest saw the Canaries’ winless Championship slump extend to five games.
Former Ipswich striker Daryl Murphy proved the difference as City were narrowly beaten 1-0 in a game lacking quality, the veteran forward settling the encounter in the 77th minute.
Home substitute Mustapha Carayol crossed from the right and 34-year-old Murphy darted across Christoph Zimmermann – who had replaced Timm Klose at the break – to poke home from close range.
It was a touch harsh on a Norwich side who had looked brighter than during Saturday’s 1-1 home draw with Barnsley but the closest Daniel Farke’s team had come to scoring was a Nelson Oliveira free-kick early in the second half, tipped wide by Forest keeper Jordan Smith.
City return to action on Saturday when former boss Alex Neil brings his Preston North End team to Carrow Road, with the Canaries looking to bring an end to a six-game winless streak on home soil.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the reaction above
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 3 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 8 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 9 City keeper issues injury update
- 10 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?