‘It’s getting boring. I demand more. We demand more’ – Defeat at Forest increases worries further for Norwich fans
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The worries are clear among Norwich City supporters this evening after a 1-0 loss at Nottingham Forest saw the Canaries’ winless Championship slump extend to five games.
Former Ipswich striker Daryl Murphy proved the difference as City were narrowly beaten 1-0 in a game lacking quality, the veteran forward settling the encounter in the 77th minute.
Home substitute Mustapha Carayol crossed from the right and 34-year-old Murphy darted across Christoph Zimmermann – who had replaced Timm Klose at the break – to poke home from close range.
It was a touch harsh on a Norwich side who had looked brighter than during Saturday’s 1-1 home draw with Barnsley but the closest Daniel Farke’s team had come to scoring was a Nelson Oliveira free-kick early in the second half, tipped wide by Forest keeper Jordan Smith.
City return to action on Saturday when former boss Alex Neil brings his Preston North End team to Carrow Road, with the Canaries looking to bring an end to a six-game winless streak on home soil.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the reaction above
- 1 Matchday Recap: City top and unbeaten in 10 after draw with Coventry
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Canaries 1-1 Coventry City
- 3 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 4 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 5 'Frustrating' - City fans dejected after injury crisis worsens during Coventry draw
- 6 STARTING XIs: Three changes and very young bench for injury-hit City against Coventry
- 7 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
- 8 Late heartbreak for injury-plagued City as Biamou's late strike rescues a point for Coventry
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 10 Farke's take on Krul and Pukki body blows