Vic Hopes, NCISA I sat with friends and listened to the Radio Norfolk match commentary on Tuesday on the game at the Matchroom Stadium (odd name for a football ground?) in sheer disbelief.
Vic Hopes, NCISA
I sat with friends and listened to the Radio Norfolk match commentary on Tuesday on the game at the Matchroom Stadium (odd name for a football ground?) in sheer disbelief. My heart went out to the 3,000 plus Canary fans as City turned the clock back to the previous three seasons when the away fans were treated to soccer versions of the "Rocky Horror Road Show"!
What made matters worse for us was Chris Gorham's obsession as to how the top of the table changed as the scores came in and how, hypothetically, what would happen if City lost, won or drew on the night. Not only was this tedious but patronising. Yes Chris we can all do simple arithmetic and we do NOT need your assistance.
This leaves me with two options at 3pm this Saturday. Listen to Radio Norfolk or take the dog for a long walk. The dog wins. There is another option down at Carrow Road but as I was there for the last debacle at Charlton I'll give it a miss. There is always Canary Call to look forward to and hear a bit of sense from Neil Adams.
You may also want to watch:
Last year I raised the subject of converting part of the Barclay to "official" standing. As we all know this can be done, but at a disproportionate cost so that went on the back burner.
Now fans have voiced their concern over crowd control after the match along Koblenz Way, Wherry Road and King Street to mention but a few.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 4 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 5 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 7 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
- 8 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week
- 9 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
I know that some motorists can get a bit tetchy but, by and large, we all get home safe and sound. Unless you know different? I can't recall any incidents being reported in the press. If you do have concerns then please get in touch with NCISA.
Penalties, or rather non-penalties, have figured significantly in recent games. I make the tally for "stonewall penalties" not given this season so far at 27.
My question is - how many have we been awarded? I remember Wes Hoolahan missing one in the quagmire that poses as a soccer pitch at Colchester but there must have been others but not that many. Why? Answers on a postcard please.
Finally the Player of the Year looms up again. Will it be a one, two or three horse race this time? My vote has gone to Grant Holt despite his red cards at critical times. 30 goals minimum is as good a reason as any.
See you in the Championship next year!