Dejan - We should have more points
Canaries defender Dejan Stefanovic has settled in perfectly to City's back four - but admits he's struggling with the numbers game. For starters, the central defender can't work out how City have managed to drop five points this season.
Canaries defender Dejan Stefanovic has settled in perfectly to City's back four - but admits he's struggling with the numbers game.
For starters, the central defender can't work out how City have managed to drop five points this season.
“I'm pleased with my performance personally but we should have more points by now,” said the 33-year-old, who joined City on a two-year deal from Fulham in the summer.
“I know we have the one point, but in my opinion we should have six now because we have played very well.
You may also want to watch:
“It will come - we've got new players and we just need time to gel in.”
Stefanovic has excelled in City's opening league games, at Coventry and at home to Blackpool, having made a seamless move from Premier League to Championship football.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 7 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 8 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 City players greeted by special messages from fan groups
The differences are obvious, but Stefanovic - who also played top-flight football with Sheffield Wednesday and Portsmouth - says it's not just the quality that varies.
“It's different - there's quality players here in the Championship as well, but in the Premiership there's more quality, everyone can see that,” said the Serb. “In the Championship you've got plenty of games - you play Saturday and midweek which I'm not used to. In the Premiership you only have 38 games, but now we've got almost 50 in the Championship.”
Stefanovic, one of Roeder's many summer recruits, has quickly taken to life in Norfolk.
“I'm settling in very well,” he said. “I've had nine, 10 years here in England and the group of lads here are fantastic so there's been no problems for me.
“I really like the area. I've moved to a new house and found a school for my daughter. Elliot (Omosuzi) has settled well too - he's a good young boy and he's made friends at the club easily.
“I played in the Premiership for nine years, so for me England is the perfect place. I had a good time in Holland and Italy as well and in Serbia, but I've always said when I quit I'll stay in England for good.”