Delia says thank you to fans
Norwich City supremo Delia Smith today praised the Canaries loyal army of supporters for sticking by the club. Amid bitter protests and disappointing defeats, the club has revealed season ticket renewals have soared past the 17,000 mark already.
Norwich City supremo Delia Smith today praised the Canaries loyal army of supporters for sticking by the club.
Amid bitter protests and disappointing defeats, the club has revealed season ticket renewals have soared past the 17,000 mark already.
With 1,700 fans also on a waiting list for season tickets, the club is confident it will once again sell its full quota of 20,000.
The huge support for the club during turbulent times was today heralded by the Canaries' majority share-holder.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Smith said: "In spite of a disappointing season our football supporters are still the very best in the world.
"They are showing us their support in the best way they can. I would like to pass on our warmest thanks to them."
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 5 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
Further protests against Canaries' manager Nigel Worthington took place before yesterday's game against Queens Park Rangers, which Norwich won 3-2.
Andrew Cullen, the club's director of sales and marketing, also praised the high rate of renewals.
He said: "This shows the special character of the club's support.