‘A true professional!’ - Supporters take to social media to wish Dennis Srbeny well
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters have taken to social media to wish Dennis Srbeny well after the striker re-joined SC Paderborn on a permanent basis.
Srbeny has penned a two-and-a-half year deal at the German top-flight club, ending his two-year association with the Canaries.
The German became somewhat of a cult hero during his spell in Norfolk, with his application and modesty making him relatable to City supporters. He arrived at Carrow Road during a period whereby the Canaries were undergoing a drastic reshuffle and he proved himself to be a highly-dependable understudy.
He found himself behind the prolific Teemu Pukki in the pecking order for the majority of his time at the club. This season has seen the German play a total of 39 minutes.
Srbeny hasn't started a league game for the Canaries since April 2018, with his last goal in City colours arriving in the Premier League victory over Everton in November.
You may also want to watch:
He featured 43 times for City, scoring five goals in all competitions.
- Read supporters thoughts on Srbeny's departure above and below.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 4 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 5 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 6 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 9 City hold talks with Nyland
- 10 'It’s difficult, but it’s a nice difficulty' - ex-City man's verdict on Buendia