Derby confirm interest in Croft
Derby County manager Nigel Clough has confirmed his interest in Norwich City's right winger Lee Croft. Croft, 23, is out of contract this summer and set to leave Norwich who have been relegated to League One.
Derby County manager Nigel Clough has confirmed his interest in Norwich City's right winger Lee Croft.
Croft, 23, is out of contract this summer and set to leave Norwich who have been relegated to League One.
“Lee's on a free transfer in June. He's a proven outside right and it's a position we're looking to fill, so we'll be holding talks with him and his representatives to see if we can get a deal,” said Clough.
"Nacer Barazite has gone back to Arsenal, Gary Teale's very comfortable on the left-hand side at the moment, so we don't have a recognised outside right.
You may also want to watch:
"Steve Davies can go out there, so can Kris Commons, but I think they'd prefer to play elsewhere.
“I think he (Croft) puts crosses in and when we've got the likes of Rob Hulse and Chris Porter in the penalty area, then they need some service.”
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 10 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
Croft joined Norwich from Manchester City in the summer of 2006 for �600,000.