Derby confirm interest in Croft
Derby County manager Nigel Clough has confirmed his interest in Norwich City's right winger Lee Croft. Croft, 23, is out of contract this summer and set to leave Norwich who have been relegated to League One.
Derby County manager Nigel Clough has confirmed his interest in Norwich City's right winger Lee Croft.
Croft, 23, is out of contract this summer and set to leave Norwich who have been relegated to League One.
“Lee's on a free transfer in June. He's a proven outside right and it's a position we're looking to fill, so we'll be holding talks with him and his representatives to see if we can get a deal,” said Clough.
"Nacer Barazite has gone back to Arsenal, Gary Teale's very comfortable on the left-hand side at the moment, so we don't have a recognised outside right.
You may also want to watch:
"Steve Davies can go out there, so can Kris Commons, but I think they'd prefer to play elsewhere.
“I think he (Croft) puts crosses in and when we've got the likes of Rob Hulse and Chris Porter in the penalty area, then they need some service.”
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
Croft joined Norwich from Manchester City in the summer of 2006 for �600,000.