Derby delight for Norwich United
Great Yarmouth 2, Norwich United 3
Norwich United beat Yarmouth on Monday despite conceding an early goal to Dominic Smith.
Andrew Claydon struck twice to take his tally for the season to 22 with Ryan Foster also on target for the Planters.
Jake Reed scored the Bloaters’ second.
Norwich United 4, Felixstowe & Walton United 0
You may also want to watch:
Norwich United maintained sixth place with a comprehensive 4-0 victory over a lacklustre Felixstowe on Saturday.
The visitors failed to muster even as much as a shot on target throughout the entire 90 minutes, and were always second best once United took an early lead.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
The Planters opened the scoring after just ten minutes, Steve Shipley’s right-wing corner was punched clear by Liam Jones but only as far as Nathan Clarke, who controlled the ball before thumping home into the roof of the net in the only noteworthy incident in the opening period.
A one-two between Liam Harvey-Cooper and Ryan Foster saw the former cut the ball back from the byline and Foster send his shot just over the bar in the 53rd minute.
Matt Ryland did well to head a Claydon effort off the goalline after Felixstowe failed to clear a corner before a pin-point Andy Key cross from the left was headed powerfully home by Claydon to make it 2-0 in the 67th minute.
Ross King headed the third, directing the ball back across goal and just inside the far post from substitute Lee Hunter’s right-wing free kick with ten minutes remaining.
Hunter then cut in from the right and sent a left-foot shot just over the bar before Claydon rounded off the scoring, racing clear of the defence on to Key’s long ball over the top to fire past the exposed Jones.
Norwich Utd: Nower, Shipley, Key, Jefford, Clarke, Jeal (Robinson 73), Harvey-Cooper (Hunter 53), Wilson, Claydon, Foster, King. Unused sub: Woodcock.
Felixstowe & Walton Utd: Jones, Sheppard (Agricole 70), McCullum, Dennis, Ryland, Davis, Matthews, Rea, Blake (Hampson 82), Mackenzie, Henry (Andrade 66). Unused sub: Snell.
Referee: S Meale.