Scully the late hero as City U23s win 4-3 at Derby County
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tom Scully was the last-gasp hero as Norwich City Under-23s got the first win of pre-season under their belts with a 4-3 success away to Derby County U23s.
David Wright's squad had lost 1-0 to the first team of German fourth-tier side Lippstadt while in Germany, 3-1 away to Colchester United U23s and then 2-1 against the first team of League Two side Leyton Orient on Saturday.
They had to come from behind twice at Derby's training ground though. Dan Adshead followed up a parried Aiden Fitzpatrick shot to claim an early lead but the Rams went in front in the 28th minute.
Scottish winger Fitzpatrick chased through and lashed a low shot in to equalise in the 36th minute and also saw a shot tipped onto the post before the break.
Derby reclaimed the lead in the 63rd minute but striker Gassan Ahadme fired into the roof of the net within a minute for 3-3 after good work from right-back Jordan Thomas, after Scully had slipped him into the penalty area.
Former Everton midfielder Scully then took advantage of a poor goal-kick to curl in the winner from the edge of the box in the 89th minute.
You may also want to watch:
City's U23s conclude their pre-season fixtures with a friendly away to Dutch second-tier side Dordrecht on Saturday, where Greek midfielder Savvas Mourogs is returning for another loan spell after recovering from a long-term knee injury.
Their Premier League Two campaign then begins with a home clash against Swansea at Colney on Friday, August 9 (7pm).
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries take on Barnsley in FA Cup
- 7 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 8 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 9 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know