Dereham and Fakenham area youth football

FAKENHAM U18 entertained Mildenhall Town and ran out convincing 6-0 winners in very wet conditions. The greasy surface clearly aided the young Ghosts' passing game.

FAKENHAM U18 entertained Mildenhall Town and ran out convincing 6-0 winners in very wet conditions. The greasy surface clearly aided the young Ghosts' passing game. They started well with Skinner and Rudd causing problems wide and the midfield trio of Bird, Berry and Drewery moving the ball well. After 20 minutes Mcilveen scored with an excellent shot from 18 yards. Fakenham created a number of half-chances and they finally scored the second from an Alamanos volley from 30 yards and ended the half well on top. The second half began with the Fakenham wingers causing many problems. Skinner capped a fine performance with two excellent goals, both right-foot drives from 18 yards. Mcilveen claimed his hat-trick with two poacher's goals. Fakenham dominated the second half and only when they dropped their tempo did Mildenhall threaten. The coaches were pleased but want the team to improve. “Concentration not up to required levels,” Neil Jarvis stated. Team: Elliott, Alamanos, Walpole (Broughton), Felton, Savory, Bird (Harris), Drewery, Berry (Schoenmakers), Rudd, Skinner, Mcilveen. Subs not used: Betts, Vertigan.

FAKENHAM U9 dominated the first half with an amazing hat-trick from Jack Smith, a massive strike from outside the box, a fantastic header from Josh Whittaker's curling corner and a one-on-one with the keeper which gave Fakenham a 3-0 lead. Reggie Bloomfield pulled off some great saves as Old Catton tried to make a comeback, but Elliot Hull and Archie Savage in defence were solid and made it impossible for them to pull it back. Brandon Futter and Cameron Webster were amazing in midfield, battling and winning everything throughout, with Josh Whittaker supplying Smith with some great balls and producing an amazing curving corner. Another great performance from the team: Brandon Futter, Cameron Webster, Josh Whittaker, Elliot Hull, Archie Savage, Reggie Bloomfield, and of course Jack Smith who was man-of-the-match.

DEREHAM TOWN U9 entertained Hillside and Spixworth. Dereham and Hillside were equally matched with fast and furious play in both halves of the pitch. Hillside quickly upped their game and were instantly rewarded with a goal. Dereham battled on but even after a fantastic save by Zak, Hillside continued to push and scored another goal to make it 2-0.

The second half saw Dereham begin to play as a team which led to a goal from Kieran, assisted by a great pass from George. Kieran made a fantastic cross into the box but Harry's shot went wide. Dereham's dominance should have resulted in a draw or even a victory, but time ran out. Result: Hillside 2 Dereham 1.

Dereham then played Spixworth, when all players were consistent in their attacking, midfield and defence, but the first half remained 0-0. Dereham came out all guns blazing in the second half and had many attempts on goal. Dereham's determination paid off eventually when a selfless pass from Kieran found George, who hammered home the winning goal. Special mention also to all the other team players Marshall, Callum, Ollie, Harvey, Josh and Hayden whose enormous contribution to both games made all the difference. Manager's player-of-the-match George.

DEREHAM WANDERERS BLUES U10 maintained their top-of-the-table position with a hard-fought win over Rocklands. In the first quarter Dereham dominated with Josh, Reece and Ben all going close. But they led only

Most Read

1-0 after Josh had beaten three players and stabbed the ball home. In the second quarter Rockland's began to test Dereham's defensive resolve and they forced an equaliser in after a long ball from the keeper. Finlay in goal, together with Jordan and Billy in defence, worked hard to keep the scores level. In the third quarter both teams tired, but Dereham looked the stronger and more likely to score. A great passage of passing led to Adam accurately giving the ball to Billy who placed it superbly into the back of the net to give Dereham the lead again. In the fourth quarter Dereham again totally dominated. Rocklands gave away numerous free-kicks but Dereham couldn't find a third goal until Ben went past two defenders and rocketed the ball into the net. Final score: Dereham 3, Rocklands 1. Player-of-the-match, Ben; Manager's MoM: Adam.

DEREHAM WANDERERS BLUES are still looking for more U10 (Year Five) players so if you would like to join a team that is currently top of the league, please contact Adrian on 07908 000845 or just turn up for training and ask for Adrian or Peter. Training is every Monday between 6-7.30pm at the Dereham hockey pitch on the all-weather surface.

PANTHERS U11 began very strongly and looked determined to get all three points. In the first 20 minutes they could have been three goals up but for some really good goalkeeping by the Indies keeper. Indies took the lead in the 21st minute but the Panthers soon got back into the game when Chris equalized with a great shot into the bottom corner of the net. At half time the score was 1-1 after a very even first half. The Panthers began to attack the Indies in numbers but looked short-numbered at the back, Gabe, Eddie and Tommy constantly won the ball at the back. Josh and Alex fought well in the centre of midfield and both went close to scoring with good long-range attempts. In the 44th minute Chris from inside the Indies' box gave the Panthers the lead with a clinical finish. Indies made it 2-2 with eight minutes remaining. Both teams played really entertaining football, with some great tackling. With seconds remaining Luke picked the ball up midway in the Indies' half and went on a great run. He passed to Josh who was in support, who then rounded the keeper and scored a great winner. Indies voted Eddie as man of the match, and the Manager's MoM went to Gabe.

TOFTWOOD U12 played hosts to Costessey and lost 3-2. With injuries and illness still affecting the squad, Toftwood lined up with Luke in goal, defence of Josh, Harry T, Alfie and Harry R, midfield of Robbie, Sam, Ryan and Lewis and Micka and Matt up front. Costessey were the first to score. With the game going from end to end, Matt latched on to a through ball only to see the keeper push it wide, but he scored with his next chance after Micka laid the ball back for him to lob the keeper. Charlie came on and settled into the midfield, but Costessey struck again after Toftwood failed to clear. In the second half Toftwood started to control the game, but Costessey were awarded a penalty to make it 3-1. Sonny was introduced into the midfield and made an immediate impact. Robbie found space and scored Toftwood's second. Micka went down in the box but penalty claims were denied. From a Toftwood corner, Sonny won a header which fell to Sam, whose shot hit the bar. The last few minutes were played out deep in the Costessey half. Man of the match: Sonny Richmond.

WELLS TOWN U10 faced Mattishall at home in the cup and started with excellent passing and strength in defence but couldn't find the back of the net before half-time. Wells started the second half with the same attitude with good passing to Conor from Mark on the wing, Conor put in a good ball across the goal for George to head in for 1-0. George had the bit between his teeth and shot home from long distance, making it 2-0. Wells continued to put pressure on with Conor having several shots on goa. With James B and Harry strong in defence, Jack in goal only touched the ball once the whole match. The whole team played well in a great performance. Man-of-the-match: George Lear. Team: Jack, Harry, James B, James P, Bailey, Scott, Mark, George and Conor.

LITCHAM U12 welcomed Rocklands for their first ever meeting and straight from kick-off Rocklands scored with a superb lob. Charlie eased Litcham nerves with a corner kick that was curled under the bar for 1-1. From that point Litcham dominated play through the midfield, and especially in the second half played some great football. Alby converted a penalty after he was bought down in the box, Felix scored twice, Kai also converted two. The other team players who scored were Jake Askew and Titus who scored with a great strike from right just outside the area to make the final score 8-1. A good team performance with some great work from unsung heroes to make the openings for others to score. A good team display against a hard-working Rocklands. MoM: Nathan Jarrett, opposition MoM: Kai Hull.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U13 GIRLS hosted Costessey Sports and won 6-1 to go back to the top of the league. Early on the Costessey striker ran straight between two defenders and scored past Chantelle . Dereham were sluggish and the manager brought on Lonny, Joy and Merrick, reshaped the line-up and things improved. A goal was awarded after Georgie's shot was parried but ruled to have crossed the line. Dereham took the lead through Merrick. Dereham got an important third goal through Lanti for a 3-1 half-time lead. Second half the fourth Dereham goal was scored by Lanti. Dereham had welcomed back Merrick after injury and she grabbed another goal to make it 5-1. The scoring was completed when Lanti completed her third consecutive hat-trick. The scoreline flattered Dereham a little. The manager's player of the week was a tough decision: Lonny had played exceptionally well, Lanti had her hat-trick but it was Becka who edged it with a great energetic display.

DEREHAM TOWN U14 won 7-1 at Hellesdon. After six minutes a deep cross from Betts was stroked in at the far post by Skipper. Allen's cross was then headed home by Williams before Parke's cross from the left was headed down by Skipper for Churchyard to smash home from six yards. The Hellesdon keeper made two good saves but another Parke cross was swept home by Skipper to put Dereham 4-0 ahead. Williams climbed to head home another Parke corner to make it 5-0 at half-time. In the last 10 minutes Williams followed in on a shot from Lake and stroked the ball past the stranded keeper to complete his hat-trick. Moments later Williams had a fourth when a pass from Allen set up a superb finish from the angle. When Cox was bumped by one of his defenders jumping to claim a cross, the ball slipped from his grasp and into the goal to make the score 7-1. Man of the match: Danny Williams.

FAKENHAM U13 travelled to play top of the league Jex last Sunday. Fakenham started confidently passing the ball well but Grant was soon in action with two good saves. Fakenham saw the score move briskly to 3-0 before they rallied. Curtis, Jack and Martin combined for Dan to make it 3-1. However, Jex made it 5-1 at half-time. Fakenham were under pressure again second half. Sam and Dion both cleared off the line, Harry headed out from a corner and Christian cleared off the line. The ball came back and it was 6-1, with another goal following from a deflection for 7-1. Fakenham kept battling and Martin put in a great corner which Harry headed down and Brady buried to make it 7-2. Jex made it 8-2 but Fakenham pushed on with Martin making a run to the corner and winning a throw-in. Dan picked the ball up in the box and scored his second and made the final score 8-3. Team: Grant, Curtis, Dion, Harry, Tom, Sam, Olly, Christian, Dan, Jack, Martin and Brady.

Dereham Wanderers Stripes beat Bulldogs 5-4. In the early stages Kyle Mitchell and Joe Whitehead impressed. The break came after 10 minutes as George Broster converted a well-placed corner. Bulldogs equalised almost immediately then went ahead. Connor Wilkinson and Ashley Bell tested the Bulldogs' defence. Connor equalised after a scramble, quickly followed by a pin-point corner from Thomas Semmons which George Broster brilliantly headed in to the top corner. Keenan Stokes glanced a header just wide. With the defence looking secure Stripes midfield of George Broster and Thomas Semmons continued to push the ball around, creating opportunities. George Broster converted another well-placed corner. Louie Seaton, in perhaps his best game of the season, scored with a free-kick which should have seen Stripes home and dry with eight minutes to go. However Sthey gave Bulldogs the space to score two late goals. Sterling work at the back from Miguel Ferreira helped stem the tide. Team: Myles Wheeler, Billy Newson, Matthew Palmer, Miguel Ferreira, Keenan Stokes, Kyle Mitchell, George Broster, Louie Seaton, Joe Whitehead, Thomas Semmons (c), Ashley Bell, Connor Wilkinson. MoM: Thomas Semmons. Manager's MoM: Joe Whitehead.

Hat-trick hero: George Broster.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U10 STAGS saw hosts Diss open the scoring when a deflection from Alice was tapped in at close range. The second quarter saw better football and Alice pulling off some good saves. A cross from Logan found Chris for a first-time finishfor 1-1. The third quarter was Dereham's strongest, with many chances when clearances from Josh and Saskia were turned into attacks. A corner from Chris was converted at close range by Adam for 2-1, he was unlucky not to score more. The last quarter saw injuries to Chris, Callum and Logan but Dereham held the lead with Nathan and James working back to help. Squad: Alice, Saskia, Chris, Josh, Callum, James, Adam, Logan, Nathan. Player-of-the-match: Chris. Manager's player-of-the-match: Logan.

DEREHAM TOWN U12 entertained newly-promoted Firside and soon took the lead when Max crossed, the keeper let it slip and Boyce fired home. A long-range shot from Lewis caught the keeper out of position to make it 2-0. A free-kick special followed from Max to make it 3-0 and then a cross from Callie was caught on the volley by Lewis to make it 4-0. Phil, Mateo and Joe worked well in defence. Fitty had to come out and dive at the ball to stop Firside scoring. His strong hands pushed a free-kick clear. Jordi saw a shot go just wide and Wattsy's went just over. Wattsy passed a diagonal ball to Ryan C whose cross forced an own goal. As the half finished Firside scored a well-taken goal. The second half saw Firside attacking. Billy was introduced on the wings and continued to support Dereham in attack. Zack was superb with crucial tackles. Fitty came out to stop an advancing striker, then stuck a foot out to stop another goal attempt. Rio came back from a first- half injury well and dominated the defence. Callie worked hard all game and was rewarded with his first goal for Dereham - a low shot from outside the area. Firside's keeper committed himself early and came out to stop Lewis, who took the ball round to make the final score 7-1.