Dereham and Fakenham youth focus

DEREHAM WANDERERS FC are looking for players for the following age groups: U10 mixed, U11 mixed, U11 Girls, U12 Boys, U14 Girls. They also require a goalkeeper for the U11 mixed team.

DEREHAM WANDERERS FC are looking for players for the following age groups: U10 mixed, U11 mixed, U11 Girls, U12 Boys, U14 Girls. They also require a goalkeeper for the U11 mixed team. If you are interested in joining the club with the opportunity to play competitively, contact club secretary Karen Mason on 07880 935765.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U11 are desperately looking for a goalkeeper for this season. Call Paul on 01362 637351.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U11 GIRLS turned in a good performance in muddy conditions to notch up a well-deserved 10-3 victory against Mulbarton Belles. After a few early chances Laura put Wanderers into the lead and Alice added two more midway through the half, with Laura taking the score to 4-0 at half-time. There were good performances from Charlotte and Saskia in defence and Hollie in midfield. Second half Brooke made it 5-0 before the visitors scored. Alice made it 6-1 but two quick goals from Belles made it 6-3 before Brooke scored again and Laura hit the net three further times in the closing stages, including direct from a corner. Dereham squad: Jess, Alice, Laura, Saskia, Hollie, Brooke, Charlotte. PoM: Brooke and Saskia. Goals: Laura (5), Alice (3), Brooke (2).

DEREHAM TOWN U9B were at home to Horsford who scored in the third minute. Shortly afterwards Josh earned a direct free-kick which was hit by Joe H straight into the net with a good strike. Dereham had another break in the 15th minute and a great pass from Josh across the box was tapped in by Tom. Just before half-time Dereham had another good run with Jake and Joe W playing their part but the Horsford keeper made a brave save to keep the score 2-1 at half-time. The second half saw some great defending from Ryan and Jake but Horsford broke through and a good shot made it 2-2. Then a mistake by a Dereham player when a Horsford cross was knocked in the goal made it 3-2 to Horsford. A Horsford direct free-kick was well saved, tipped over the bar by Harry. MoM Ryan, for some excellent defence work.

Next game away at Horsford, a chance to turn the tables.

DEREHAM TOWN hosted Thorpe, a minute's silence observed for Remembrance Day. Dereham were determined all afternoon. Neat passes between Jacob, Jamie and Ryan ended with Ryan's shot hitting the bar. Kuda wasted no time protecting the ball to allow Ollie to clear. Solid attacking play by Dereham saw the boys break through. A sideline kick from Connor into the area was tapped on by Charlie to Jacob, who planted a superb goal. Shortly before half-time Ryan stepped it up, causing Thorpe's defence to panic into an own goal: 2-0 Dereham. The second half appeared more even. A good break five minutes in saw Ryan's shot go just wide, closely followed by Harry's which was just over the post. Dereham's defence had to step up to the plate on several occasions, but remained strong with good clearances by Kuda, Tyler, Ash and Joe. Towards the final whistle Tom, Charlie, and Harry produced some lovely passing, setting up Harry to score the third goal: final score 3-0 Dereham. Ollie celebrated his first clean sheet and was MoM.

Most Read

DEREHAM WANDERERS U12 GIRLS continued their winning run with an outstanding performance against Scole, who had the first chance, putting the ball wide, then Drew caught a high incoming ball well. Dereham earned a corner which Anna took, flicked on by Erren and finished off by Rochy for 1-0. Dereham had a lot of possession and deserved more with Anna, Hannah and Erren all going close. The second half continued with Dereham on top with Ella and Chelsea keeping Scole away from Drew in goal. Anna and Rochy were passing the ball well, with neat one-twos and finishing with Rochy hitting the side netting. Mary added a fresh pair of legs in midfield. Hannah also came close, with the ball going wide. She then set up Rochy to finish off with another goal, making the final score 2-0 to Dereham. This was Dereham's best performance yet. Team: Ella, Drew, Chelsea, Erren, Anna, Rochy, Hannah, Mary. GoM: Chelsea, excellent defending.

LITCHAM U12 travelled to Brandon for a league fixture against a good side. Litcham started with all guns blazing, playing their best football of the season, creating chances through their one-touch football and determination to be first to the ball. Brandon defended well but Licham recycled the ball, breaking up any Brandon attack, passing the ball wide in some good old fashioned wing play, making space for the midfield to be in control. Aaron scored his first hat-trick of the season and Alby picked up two more through the course of the game. Brandon awarded Harry Bammant MoM with Jake Askew picking up the coaches' award but it was a great team performance. Both teams contributed to a good game of football. Final score 5-2. Squad: Kyle, Brad, Ben, James, Jake, Harry, Matthew, Kai, Nathan, Alby, Aaron, Charlie and Felix.

DEREHAM U14: Churchyard saw his low shot thump into the post before being cleared. Quirke then took on two players and crossed but no Dereham player could get a touch and force the ball home. Warriors fired a free-kick over the bar from 25 yards. Upton turned and shot over from the edge of the area. Then Cox made his first save in the Dereham goal when he safely gathered a shot from distance. Half-time: East Coast Warriors 0, Dereham Town 0. Lake's free-kick was deflected over by the Warriors keeper. Wright turned his man and fired just over the bar. Ward then made a superb defensive tackle to deny the Warriors. Lake fired a cross-cum-shot into the near post area, where the keeper misjudged the flight of the ball and watched it roll into the net behind him. Parke then struck a free-kick from 25 yards that was well saved. In injury time Warriors beat the Dereham offside trap, but Cox touched the ball on to the post. Full-time: East Coast Warriors 0, Dereham Town 1. Man of the match: Lewis Allen.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U13 travelled to Thorpe Rec for the second game of a double header against Thorpe Rovers, and after last week's 10-0 demolition Dereham were quietly confident of securing another three points. It took less than 20 seconds for Lanti to start the scoring. After kicking off she ran through and placed her shot perfectly in the bottom corner. Georgy made it 2-0 with a cool finish, a goal truly deserved as week after week she puts in a lot of effort for the team. Lanti got her second before Chelsea made it 4-0 with a powerful shot from a tight angle. Joy also got in on the act with a fifth goal when her shot was parried by the goalkeeper and went over the line. More goals came in the second half as Dereham controlled the game. Thorpe kept their spirit and kept trying and did force one or two saves from Chantelle in Dereham's goal. However Lanti ran in another three goals, the pick of the bunch being a delightful finish finding the top corner as Dereham surged to an 8-0 lead, Bea got a deserved goal, Chelsea added No 10 before Joy made it 11-0 with the final touch of the game. There were great performances from all but the manager's player of the week was Georgy who was just terrific and playing with new-found confidence. Final score 11-0.

FAKENHAM AMBERS U10 travelled to Watlington in confident mood following their recent results. In a match played on a muddy, uneven surface the Ambers started well and were rewarded with an early goal. They played their confident passing game with Rahul in particular starting many attacks. The second goal soon followed, but Watlington responded with an outstanding strike from the right wing. The probing runs of Jake, Reece, Aaron, Ben, Tom and Charlie caused many problems for Watlington inevitably leading to Fakenham's third goal. A dubious penalty award allowed Watlington a foothold. Half time 3-2 Fakenham. In the second half some positional changes allowed Ben to secure the midfield and dominate Watlington's most influential player. Fakenham's defence of Calum, Rahul and Josh were rarely troubled and many fast breaks resulted in goals. The forwards were particularly lively in front of goal and pounced on opportunities. Fakenham ran out worthy 9-2 winners (Jake 2, Aaron, Reece 2, Ben 2, Charlie 2). MoM: Rahul. Team: Calum, Josh, Rahul, Reece, Aaron, Ben, Jake, Charlie, Tom.

FAKENHAM GHOSTS U10 travelled to play unbeaten St Edmunds Pride and for the opening 10 minutes both sides really struggled to get going. The game needed a goal to spark it into life and unfortunately for Fakenham this went to the home side when Dan, in trying to clear a corne,r cruelly saw the ball fly into his own net. This sparked St Edmunds and for the remainder of the half they pressed forward and doubled their lead from a long-range shot. The pattern of play continued after the break and although individually the Ghosts tackled well, they were mostly second best at picking up the loose ball. A fine example of this was when Jamie saved a penalty, but the only people to follow up were the opposition. Three further goals were conceded before Fakenham threatened the home goal when Ben hit the bar and man of the match Jack, who had put in another good performance, also went close twice. Final score: 6-0. Team: Jamie, Travis, Kai, Dan, Matty, Chant, Ben and Jack.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U10 STAGS played Thetford Bulldogs B in the cup second round first leg. Both teams put in a good performance but Dereham came away 12-1 winners. With Dereham's keeper away, Regan went in goal and performed confidently. Josh and Saskia worked hard in defence as Bulldogs never gave up on their attacks. Adam, Callum, James and Nathan were passing well and Adam was unlucky not to score and Callum was close to scoring from a header. Chris and Logan were both on top form and scored all Dereham's goals. A great team performance. PoM: Logan. Manager's PoM: Adam. Goals: Chris (7), Logan (4), og.

DEREHAM WANDERERS STRIPES beat Lakenheath 4-2. Gradually Stripes gained the upper hand, going close several times before George Broster broke the deadlock. Stripes could not increase the lead despite hitting the post and it was no surprise that Lakenheath came back into the game. Hesitation at the back led to a scrambled equaliser that just trickled over the line. The game was there for the taking and Stripes took the initiative with Thomas Moyes scoring his first goal for the club. Stripes' defence held firm with Ryan Sergeant having his best game for the club. Another corner gave Louie Seaton the chance to increase the lead and then came the goal of the match. A fine passing move from the halfway line involving Ashley Bell, George Broster and Thomas Semmons carved a huge gap in the Lakenheath defence, enabling George Boster to score his second. With almost the last kick of the game Lakenheath took advantage of being played on, scoring with a well hit shot which their performance fully deserved. Team: Myles Wheeler, Billy Newson, Matthew Palmer, Keenan Stokes, Kyle Mitchell, Benjy Sutton, Ryan Sergeant, George Broster, Louie Seaton, Thomas Moyes, Joe Whitehead, Thomas Semmons (c), Ashley Bell, Connor Wilkinson.

Man of the match: Myles Wheeler. Manager's man of the match: Ryan Sergeant.

DEREHAM TOWN U12 travelled to Hellesdon and were lucky not to be behind within minutes when Hellesdon hit the post. Shortly after, a great cross from Cally saw Ryan C smash the ball in the goal with his first touch. Phil scored Dereham's second when a defender failed to clear. Cally was having a great game, and was unlucky not to score on several occasions. Zack and Joe were alert in defence and made several vital tackles. Dereham saw their lead increase to 3-0 when a cross missed all the Dereham boys and went in off a Hellesdon player. In the second half Billy and Ben W were introduced and continued to maintain Dereham's dominance in midfield. Cally had another great shot which the keeper saved and Phil put in the net. Boyce was soon on the score sheet, followed by Lewis, after a great solo run. Hellesdon continued to press and forced a good save from Fitty, followed by a headed clearance by Rio. Dereham attacked continuously and Phil took the ball round the keeper to complete his hat-trick. Boyce kept his cool and chipped the ball over the keeper to make it 8-0. With time running out, Hellesdon caught Dereham sleeping and made the final score 8-1.

DEREHAM TOWN U15 beat Norwich United 3-0 in their League Cup tie at Plantation Park. Dereham required the cool heads of Nathan Pearson and Ryan Hawkins on more than one occasion. Slightly against play, Town took the lead when Josh Cullington's great pass split the United defence and Nick Hooks' left-foot shot beat the keeper. Good team play by Shaun Gerrard found Ross Bailey, whose perfect cross was met at the back post by Jim Walters, who calmly scored from close range. The second half started with the visitors having to make changes due to injury, but this did not change the flow in Dereham's game. Connor Ashford's play was first class. Norwich United were awarded a free-kick on the edge of Dereham penalty box, but Robbie Clarke dealt with the kick comfortably. He was needed again 10 minutes later when he saved a one-on-one. Lloyd Stubbs came back on and fitted in well at right-back. Town's third goal came when Hayden Rutherford won the ball in midfield and Nick Hook let fly from outside the box and the ball nestled into the top corner. Changes meant that Stewart McErleane was put on up front, where made an immediate impact as he started to win headers and link up well with Dereham's midfield. With 10 minutes to go, his right-foot shot looked goal-bound, but stung the legs of a Norwich defender. Dereham now have a tough tie with Old Catton in the second round.

DEREHAM TOWN U15 visited Scole on Sunday needing another win to get their stop/start season back on track and won 3-1. Scole's long-ball game tested Nathan Pearson in the centre of Dereham's defence. Stewart McErleane was much needed as Scole pressure mounted, but Dereham took the lead when Matt Doyle swivelled and shot low past the keeper. Josh Cullington and Jim Walters linked up well on Dereham's left with some slick passing. The game was getting bogged down in a midfield battle, with Connor Ashford's aggression and Ross Bailey's vision and range of passing trying to get Town on the move. Robbie Clarke had to be quick off his line on numerous occasions to maintain Dereham's lead.

The second half started with Ben Champion being introduced to make his debut and Hayden Rutherford fitting into central midfield to replace tired legs. Town doubled their lead when good work by Matt Doyle on the left set up Nick Hook, who slotted the ball past the keeper. A fantastic corner by Shaun Gerrard was met by Lloyd Stubbs, who just failed to convert the chance. Dereham's defence had a momentary lapse in concentration and Scole nipped in to pull a goal back, but Dereham increased their lead within five minutes when Ryan Hawkins' brilliant free-kick was steered in at the far post by Ben Champion. Special thanks to Jack Howard, who did a great job running the line.

FAKENHAM U13 welcomed Norman to Clipbush Park. A free-kick by Dion made the goalie work, and a long shot from Tom flew just wide. Grant made a save from a Norman breakaway with help from Tom who chased and tidied up. The Norman striker broke again with Sam chasing. Fakenham were not so lucky a second time and saw the ball go into the goal. The Norman keeper fumbled the ball which Hilly pounced on but it wouldn't go over the line. At the other end Fakenham were not so fortunate with a fumble and Norman were 2-0 up. Tom put the ball into the box from a throw in and Dan controlled it, got round the right back and crossed. The ball went into the net following a deflection from a Norman player to make it 2-1 at half-time. The second half saw Dion do some great defensive work and set Dan off on a run. Dan got past two players and tried to chip the keeper, who got his fingertips to the ball and kept it out. Olly got past the defence and was one-on-one with the goalie but was tackled before he had time to shoot. The final score was 2-1 to Norman. Team: Grant, Curtis, Dion, Harry, Tom, Olly, Brady, Dan, Jack, Hilly, Martin

and Sam.