Dereham and Fakenham youth scene

FAKENHAM TOWN YOUTH recorded their third league victory of the season, 3-1 at Newmarket. Both teams play some excellent football and four super goals werescored, the pick being a 15-yard volley from Walpole.

FAKENHAM TOWN YOUTH recorded their third league victory of the season, 3-1 at Newmarket. Both teams play some excellent football and four super goals werescored, the pick being a 15-yard volley from Walpole. The other Fakenham goals came from a Betts volley and a McIlveen header. The young Ghosts dominated the first half with Betts and Drewery prominent. A number of chances went begging, and as the half drew to a close, Newmarket began to look more dangerous, causing problems from set pieces. Fakenham started the second half brightly when a fine pass from Savory was met by Betts at full stretch to volley home from 10 yards. That resulted in Fakenham being put under strong Newmarket pressure, with the equaliser coming from their pacey winger from the edge of the box, giving Broughton no chance. Fakenham responded with Walpole's volley and McIlveen's header from an excellent Schoemacher cross. The coaches were delighted with the result against a very good Jockeys outfit, with Alamanos taking the eye at right-back. Felton completed 90 minutes after returning from injury. Fakenham: Broughton, Alamanos, Walpole (Vertigan), Rudd, Felton, Drewery (Bird), Berry, Harris, Savory, Betts (Schoemacher), McIlveen. Sub not used: Chase.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U11 GIRLS beat Brandon Girls 9-0, bouncing back from defeat. The first half was evenly-balanced until good play and excellent passing from the home side enabled them to take the lead with three goals from Laura before half time. In a good all-round performance from Dereham Jess played well in goal, Saskia and Charlotte were very good in defence and Brooke, Laura and Alice linked up well in attack. Brodie-Mae, Hollie and Ellie all made important contributions.

Brandon's keeper made a number of important saves but they were unable to stop Dereham scoring at regular intervals through the second half, with Laura hitting the net five more times and Brooke also scoring. Dereham squad: Jess, Saskia, Charlotte, Hollie, Ellie, Brodie-Mae, Alice, Brooke and Laura. Goals: Laura Nicholls (8), Brooke. Joint players of the match: Charlotte and Laura.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U12 Girls were away to Bohemians. The game was evenly contested to start, with both teams having chances. Hannah went close to scoring twice, and Millie had a chance. Drew was kept busy, doing well with some good saves. Erren, Ella and Chelsea kept Bohemians limited to long shots. Eventually they took the lead, just poking the ball past Drew. Then they sneaked another one in. The second half started with chances for both teams, Anna and Cerys running forward were stopped by the Bohs' defence. Cerys came off after getting injured. Bohemians stepped up a gear and scored three more goals, making it 5-0. PoM: Hannah, for never giving up.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U12 Blues are desperately looking to add a couple of players to their squad for this season. If you were aged 10 or 11 on August 31 2009 you qualify to play. Training is on a Tuesday evening at Northgate High School 3g Astroturf at 6pm. Feel free to pop along or call Paul on 01362 637351 for more information.

DEREHAM Town U12 lost 3-1 to Lakeford in an eventful game. Chances were at a premium until Lakeford scored with their first attack. Fitty was in great form in goal behind Rio, Mateo, Joe and Zak. Ben and Phil both drew good saves as Dereham pushed on, but they ended the half 1-0 down. The second half was as tight as the first until Wattsy set Ryan through. He was cut down in the box and Max coolly scored from the spot. Ten minutes later they fell behind to a penalty for hand ball, shortly followed by a speculative cross that evaded everyone and nestled in the net for 3-1. Chances came for Dereham after good work from Lewis and Billy on the right and a fine one-two between Jared and Cally, making his debut. Lakeford were awarded a late penalty, but Fitty made a fantastic double save.

Most Read

FAKENHAM AMBERS U10 entertained Clenchwarton, still looking for their first win, having begun the season with two draws. They had to reshuffle due to unavailability and Thomas being taken ill during the warm-up. Those that did play displayed real determination with Josh, Ben and Whitty bossing the midfield. After just five minutes Josh pounced on a loose ball after the keeper had failed to hold a good shot from Ben. He doubled his tally with a crisp shot from the edge of the box and then Charlie, who is really starting to settle well into the team, made it 3-0 just before the break.

Clenchwarton showed a bit more determination in the second half, but the game was put beyond their reach when Josh completed his hat-trick following another excellent passing move involving the impressive Rahul, Whitty and Charlie. Clenchwarton scored a late consolation goal, but credit to all the Fakenham lads who finished worthy 4-1 winners. Man of the match: Josh. Next, Dersingham away, 11am kick-off. Team: Jack, Callum, Rahul, Whitty, Josh, Ben and Charlie. Hat-trick hero: Josh Robb.

TOFTWOOD UNITED U12 made hard work of their league win over Watton. In the first minute Toftwood went 1-0 up after a beautiful lay-off from Matt to new signing Micka, who buried his shot in the roof of the net. Toftwood were linking up well, but the defence of Dean, Harry T, Alfie and Josh had to be on their guard. Luke was called on to keep his goal safe as the boys struggled. After some good play, Micka turned provider for Matt to finish in the top corner to make it 2-0. A shuffle at the back due to an injury saw Harry R come on. The midfield of Robbie, Sonny, Sam and Ryan had to be constantly on guard. In the second half Watton took advantage of the long ball to level. Ryan played the ball wide to Matt who played in Micka, who jinked his way into the box and found the bottom corner to make it 3-2. Sam was holding up the ball well and playing in his team mates, and his good work was rewarded when he neatly lobbed the keeper for Toftwood's fourth. Lewis and Robbie were marauding down the flanks. The scoring was finished off in style when Josh ghosted in at the far post and unleashed a half-volley to make the final score 5-2. The team wishes George a speedy recovery and hopes that Harry T will be fighting fit on Wednesday. Man of the match: Sam Inston.

DEREHAM Wanderers U13 Girls played against Docking looking to continue their 100 per cent start, with Docking still looking for their first point and first goal. Each player gave a little extra in the absence of last season's top scorer, Lanti. Paige and Georgy were winning the midfield battle while Ellen and Avalon were impressive in defence. A ball was played into the area for Chelsea to slot home. A second goal was added before half-time from Merrick with a neat header. Joy and Becka came on at half-time to replace Chelsea and Georgy, Becka asked to play in midfield and Joy up front and they played very well. Joy added a third goal with a great finish from just inside the area for 3-0. What little Chantelle had to do in the Dereham goal she did well. Avalon and Ellen were tremendous in defence, Merrick proved a quality addition, but it Paige was PoM.

DEREHAM WANDERERS STRIPES won 5-3 at Lakenheath Lads in the first leg of their cup tie. In a pulsating first half Stripes bombarded Lakenheath with Ashley Bell and Connor Wilkinson prominent up front.Joe Whitehead finished off a promising attack. From a corner Thomas Semmons found the corner of the net. Ryan Sergeant and George Broster were prominent in attack. Another Stripes corner saw Thomas Semmons again place the ball directly in the back of the net and George Broster blasted one in a few minutes later. Lakenheath plled a goal back but Joe Whitehead replied with a well-taken goal. Lakenheath made it 5-2 before half-time. Stripes slowed down under the hot sun giving Lakenheath space to get back in the game. Myles Wheeler made several good saves and as the game wound down Lakenheath scored their third. Team: Myles Wheeler, Billy Newson, Matthew Palmer, Miguel Ferreira, Keenan Stokes, Ryan Sergeant, George Broster, Connor Wilkinson, Louie Seaton, Joe Whitehead, Thomas Semmons (c), Ashley Bell. MoM: Thomas Semmons. Managers MoM: George Broster.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U14 entertained Attleborough on Sunday still missing two key players through injury.

Dereham were hoping to build on a superb showing at Thorpe starting with Brad in goal covering once again for Bevan, with Dominic, Jack, Alex the newly-converted striker and Matt across the back with Jason, Luke, Jamie and Foxy across the middle with Luke C and Leroy up front. Attleborough started well winning just about every 50/50 ball, Dereham had several good chances but fell behind to two quick goals. Steve and Brogan were introduced, both playing their part. Good work from Luke C found Foxy in space and he dribbled past two, scoring a lovely goal. Attleborough scored a cruel goal with a shot from distance which bounced over Brad. Dereham second half showed signs of the team that had played the week before. Luke C scored from a brave header for 3-2. Brad made a great save, then Foxy met a goal kick from Jack. He threaded his way through the Attleborough defence and scored a cracking second to tie the game. The last 10 belonged to Dereham with continuous pressure but he game finished 3-3. MoM: Foxy.

FAKENHAM U13 travelled to Wymondham on Sunday. Dan started well with some great balls into the box. Wymondham were dangerous on the break and Fakenham had to be strong at the back. Harry's fancy footwork put Jack L through on goal to produce a great save from the Wymondham keeper. Jack L put a super cross into the box which Martin headed wide. A long kick from the Wymondham keeper bounced high to set up a good strike. Sam couldn't hang on to the ball which ended up in the net from the rebound. Fakenham pushed hard for an equaliser in the second half. Martin had a great shot forcing a good save and saw a chip from the edge of the box go over. Despite pushing Dan up front for the last five minutes and playing with three at the back Fakenham couldn't score. Wymnondham 1, Fakenham 0. Team: Sam, Liam, Dion, Harry, Tom, Curtis, Jack L, Dan, Christian, Olly, Hiily, Martin, Jack G and Brady.

LITCHAM U12 visited Scole in the first leg of the cup. Litcham broke the deadlock with a quick break for Kai to grab his first. A free-kick was whipped in for a defender to handle and Kai stepped up for his second. Felix also scored two with quick feet in front of goal to beat the advancing keeper. Alby slotted his goal away from good work down the wing to beat the keeper on his near post. Harry blasted from outside the area after great interplay down the left, the cross setting him up to ripple the back of the net. Kyle in goal had an outstanding game. A good game played by both teams with the second leg in two weeks. Team: Kyle, Bradley, Tyler, Ben, James, Jake, Harry, Kai, Nathan, Alby, Charlie, Felix.

WELLS TOWN U10 beat Heacham U10 8-0. Wells got off to a flying start with a goal in the first two minutes. With good back up play from Bailey and James P, Wells' passing and physical play proved too much for Heacham with Wells consistently scoring throughout the game with goals from George 4, Conor 2, Scott and Mark. Good defending from James B and Harry helped Jack to keep a clean sheet in goal. MoM: Bailey. Team: Jack, Harry, James B, James P, Bailey, Scott, Mark, George and Conor.

DEREHAM TOWN U14, following two league defeats, beat Poringland 5-1 away in the County Cup first round. Dereham dominated early possession, but Poringland defended well. The deserved breakthrough came in the 21st minute. Upton won the ball on the edge of the area and played in Churchyard, who finished well into the corner. Poringland almost equalised when a low cross reached an unmarked forward at the far post but centre back Mitchell forced the striker to lift his shot over the bar. Dereham began the second period with some marvellous passing football. Upton turned well on halfway and found Mason, whose first time pass released Churchyard behind the defence to finish high into the goal. Dereham were playing well all over the pitch with Hammond giving the Poringland forwards little time on the ball, Parke combining well with Betts on the left, whilst on the right Ward was enjoying a fine performance at full back and linking well with both the midfield duo of Lake and Mason and winger Quirke. Lake picked out Churchyard in the box and a calm side foot finish bought both Dereham's and Churchyard's third goal of the game. From a breakaway Poringland dragged themselves back into the game. But Dereham bounced straight back with Mason picking out Upton in the box and his emphatic finish restored a three-goal advantage. Moments later Parke's free-kick evaded everyone to fly high into the goal for No 5. Man of The Match: Jason Ward.

DEREHAM U10 scored their first wins of the season at Wymondham, moving them up to fifth in the league. In the first game Dereham beat Wymondham 3-0. The first half proved a tightly fought contest with solid defending and decent chances falling to both teams. In the second period Dereham played some fantastic passing football, which paid off with well taken goals from Marcus (2) and Josh. Dereham then met Horsford. The lads put in a strong first-half performance and controlled all areas with more neat passing and good movement. There were plenty of goal attempts with Harry netting two. In the second half the boys continued to dominate and created several chances but Horsford put in a strong defensive display with their keeper on top form. Final score 2-0. Team: Will, Josh, Jake, Aaron, Marcus, Mason, Daniel, Kyle, Harry, Czarek. MoM: Jake.

DEREHAM U11 met Taverham U11. A lapse in concentration in defence allowed a Taverham striker to break free and chip one over the keeper's head. This was quickly followed by two identical goals: 3-0 Taverham. Dereham regrouped. There was some excellent play from Kuda. The attack capitalised with several strikes at goal. A shot just tipped over the cross bar was closely followed by a goal from Harry. Dereham dug in, battling hard but Taverham made it 4-1, which was closely followed by a good attempt from Jamie which went just wide. Taverham made it 5-1 before Jacob made it 5-2. Second half again Kuda commanded the defence. Taverham, however, made it it 6-2. Jamie made it 6-3 as Dereham displayed true grit, Ryan scored a great goal, beating three players for 6-4. Harry scored a cracking goal in the top right corner for 6-5.

MoM: Kuda.

SHIPDHAM YOUTH U15 cruised to a fine 14-1 win over West Wynch. With three players unavailable Shipdham had just 11. Sam Stott hit his first of the game with a power drive. West Wynch equalised with a powerful dipping volley giving goalkeeper Connor Whitehair no chance. From there the goals flowed, Jamie Irons hit a hat-trick and an Elliott Crispe effort with another Stott goal took the half time score to 7-1. Second half Elliot Crispe who completed his first ever hat-trick. George Boldero started a solo goal from 60 yards out, beating five defenders before tucking the ball into the bottom corner. Ben Cissell grabbed a well taken goal which went in off the bar. George Roberts volleyed in after latching onto a miss-timed clearance. Jamie Irons struck his fourth with a rare right-foot effort. Sam Stott completed his first hat-trick, and the score line was completed by Jon Dack. Defenders Liam Cameron, George Fuller and debutant Stuart Tyler played a big part in keeping West Wynch at bay.