Dereham, Fakenham and Wells area focus

FAKENHAM TOWN U18 entertained league leaders Wisbech Town and continued their good form with a 1-1 draw. Fakenham included Jimmy Rudd, a forward signed from Wroxham, and also welcomed back Savory after injury.

FAKENHAM TOWN U18 entertained league leaders Wisbech Town and continued their good form with a 1-1 draw. Fakenham included Jimmy Rudd, a forward signed from Wroxham, and also welcomed back Savory after injury. The first half was extremely competitive with strong tackles being made by both teams, one resulting in the sending off of a Wisbech player. The young Ghosts finally got their noses in front from a Jack Rudd header after a fine delivery from Drewery. The first half ended with Fakenham on top with Wisbech causing a few problems with their direct play. The second half began with Fakenham creating two or three excellent chances, Fakenham were made to pay as Wisbech soon equalised after a corner was headed in by the Wisbech centre back. Fakenham continued pass the ball and remained patient. Betts and Skinner caused numerous problems and only excellent goalkeeping kept the young Ghosts from taking all three points. The coaches were delighted with the application from all 14 players, a quality they must maintain in both matches and in training. Team: Elliott, Alamanos, Broughton, Felton, Rudd Jack, Drewery (Betts), Harris, Savory, Schoenmakers (Skinner), Rudd Jimmy (Barnard), Mcilveen.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U12 GIRLS entertained Scole in the pouring rain and won 3-2. Scole put them under early pressure but Ella and Erren were doing well in defence. Rochy, Anna and Millie were picking up the pace in midfield. Both teams had chances before Scole slotted one past Drew. Dereham's Hannah was denied by the keeper. Chelsea came on for Millie in the second half. Dereham upped their game and Hannah scored straight away. Scole came back with some long shots but Drew reacted to save them. Ella took a corner and found Rochy, whose overhead kick put Dereham in the lead. Dereham sent a penalty wide. With Dereham on a high Rochy slotted in another goal. Mary came on for Chelsea, working well in midfield. Scole put a really good shot past Drew, making the final score 3-2. Team: Ella, Hannah, Anna, Rochy, Mary, Millie, Drew, Erren, Chelsea. Girl of the Match: Erren.

FAKENHAM AMBERS entertained Hungate Rovers at Trap Lane. Fakenham confidently exerted significant pressure from the kick-off. Jake was in excellent form and his clinical finishing led to his hat-trick before half-time. Hungate worked hard and at one stage were only 2-1 down. With a goal from Aaron the score at half-time was 4-1 to Fakenham. As a result of running the bench and players changing positions, everyone was given the chance to be a goal scorer. Two goals from Tom and one each from Ben and Charlie saw the Ambers finish as worthy 8-1 winners. Fakenham are playing with considerable confidence in all areas of the pitch and are enjoying their football. Man of the match: Tom. Team: Jack, Josh, Reece, Aaron, Ben, Tom, Jake, Charlie.

FAKENHAM TOWN GHOSTS U10 entertained Shouldham and got off to an excellent start when Matty won the ball on the halfway line and played in Ben, who drove forward, beat two defenders and finished neatly into the bottom corner. The midfield trio of Ben, Dan and Jack dominated the game and the Ghosts doubled their lead through another good finish from Ben. Then Jack, who crossed well all game, took a good corner from which Dan scored. Ben completed his hat-trick before half-time and an own goal made it 5-0. In the second half the goals dried up as Shouldham made a bit of a fight of things but Travis and Kai stood strong. The Ghosts finished strongly and Ben got his fourth goal and Chant scored a brace. The second was really well taken after he had been, who was very unlucky not to get on the scoresheet himself. Final score 8-0. Team: Jamie, Travis, Kai, Daniel, Ben, Jack, Matty and Chant Next week St Edmunds Pride away.

DEREHAM WANDERERS BLUES U10 maintained their recent run of good form when they played a top of the table clash at Morley. Both teams knew that whoever won the fixture would end the day on top of the league. In the first quarter, in appalling conditions, Dereham after only a few minutes were 1-0 up when Billy was found by Josh on the edge of the box and steered the ball into the corner of the net. In the second quarter Morley were rewarded for their tenacity with a deserved equaliser. Dereham regained the lead when Ben, under pressure from three players, slotted the ball past the keeper. In the third quarter Dereham began to dominate and had a number of efforts brilliantly saved. A a terrific passage of passing between Jordan, Adam and Ben set up Billy to score his second for 3-1. In the final quarter the defenders, Byron and Jordan continued to prevent Morley troubling Dereham's keeper Finlay. After another excellent through ball Josh took the ball in his stride to smash home from close range. Final score: Dereham Wanderers Blues 4, Morley 1.

DEREHAM TOWN U9B travelled to Holt. From the whistle Jake and Josh pressured Holt defence. A good run by Josh ended with a pass to Jake in the fifth minute and he slipped a great goal past the keeper. Josh hit a post and Jake's rebound shot was well saved. Holt piled on the pressure which was dealt with well by Ryan and Jack in defence. A fantastic save by Harry tipped the ball over the bar and kept the score at 1-0 by half-time. Second half the rain came down, making the conditions difficult. Dominic and Tom pushed Holt hard up front but could not find the net. Jamie came into defence and stopped a good run by Holt. Holt managed to get through the defence and a good shot slipped through Harry's hands to make the final score 1-1. Great play from all players in the team. MoM: Harry.

Most Read

DEREHAM WANDERERS STRIPES lost 1-0 to Wanderers Stripesin a dismal match played in dismal conditions on a dismal pitch which all in all contributed to a totally unsatisfactory performance. Stripes just did not get started which, with the conditions, stacked the odds against them. With little evidence of their passing game Stripes failed to make any real impression on the game which gave Reds several opportunities to open the scoring, but in fairness neither side flattered. Retreating into their shell second half, Stripes conceded space to Reds who took advantage and moved the ball forward to score the only goal of the game. Throwing caution to the wind Stripes twice went close as well as being denied two penalty appeals in the dying minutes. Stripes need to start playing the quality football with which they started the season. Team: Myles Wheeler, Billy Newson, Matthew Palmer, Miguel Ferreira, Keenan Stokes, Kyle Mitchell, Ryan Sergeant, George Broster, Louie Seaton, Joe Whitehead, Thomas Semmons, Ashley Bell, Connor Wilkinson. Man of the match: Billy Newson. Manager's MoM: Miguel Ferreira.

REDS' enthusiasm was not dampened by the conditions and Stripes were restricted to one half-hearted shot on target throughout the entire first half. This was thanks to a well-organised and dogged Reds defence comprising of Luke, Patrick, Kurt, Skippy and Dale. George was pivotal and controlled the Reds distribution of play from midfield alongside Matti, Daniel and Charlie. Louis and John continually probed the Stripes defence. The Reds could easily have had a two goal advantage at half-time. Half time score: 0-0. Infrequent Stripes attacks in the second half were absorbed by the Reds, supported with brave saves when needed from reliable goalie DJ. The Reds controlled the game with consistent passing and good positioning and outmanoeuvring which inevitably culminated with the Reds scoring from Daniel's stunning high looping shot from the edge of the area It was a deserved first league win over one of their rival Dereham Wanderers teams for the Reds.

DEREHAM TOWN U14 in the third minute saw Catton score a simple headed goal from three yards when the defence waited for each other to take responsibility to clear the ball. After 11 minutes Dereham pushed forward and Upton's low shot took a deflection before finding its way inside the post. Debutant Williams was a constant thorn in the side of Catton's back four, but despite some slick passing no clear chances came their way and the first half ended all square at 1-1. With just two minutes gone Mitchell hit an outrageous shot from 40 yards that sailed into the top corner. Dereham laid siege to the Catton goal with Williams, Lake and Wright all going close to a third goal. The clinching goal arrived with 10 minutes left when Williams ran onto Parke's pass and lifted the ball over the diving keeper. Dereham continued to press, but Catton's defence held firm. Full-time: Old Catton 1, Dereham Town 3. Men of the match: The back four, solid defensive display from all four.

LITCHAM U12 hosted Thetford Town on a morning of wind and torrid rain. Both teams started really well, trying to keep control of the midfield and it was Litcham who broke the deadlock with a neat finish from Felix with one of his two goals in the game. Thetford responded well and equalised. Litcham kept pressing and were rewarded with a hat-trick from Alby and a great strike from outside the box from Harry. Thetford kept going and never gave up, getting three more goals. Litcham's great team spirit and determination showed with squad rotations showing strength in depth with, Aaron making his return to the league campain from injury. Final score 6-4. Squad: Kyle, Bradley, James, Ben, Jake, Harry, Matthew, Kai, Alby, Nathan, Aaron, Charlie, Felix.

DEREHAM U11 were away at Firside and in some very difficult conditions won a hard fought game. Dereham kicked off playing against the wind. A cross from Firside was blown into the goal by the wind. This did not let the Dereham heads drop and a good pass set up Harry to slot home for 1-1 at half-time. After the break a lack off communication led to Firside making it 2-1. Again Dereham dug deep and Ryan equalised, and with eight minutes left Charlie, on his return to the team, scored the winner. A great team performance: Dereham 3, Firside 2. MoM: Kuda.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U13 GIRLS played host to Thorpe Rovers and dished up a real Halloween treat for their manager and supporters with a devastating display of powerful, skilful attacking football. Bea continued her good scoring run with another headed goal after 10 minutes, and Lanti doubled the lead with a powerful long-range effort. Chelsea, from the left corner of the area, planted a side-foot shot into the net to give Dereham a 3-0 lead. Bea was unlucky as shots either slid just wide or the keeper made the save.Avalon increased the lead with her first goal for the team with yet another neat finish, Lanti grabbed her second and Dereham's fifth to make it 5-0 at half-time. When Dereham did lose the ball Sarah, Becka and Ellen were in good form while Chantelle was commanding her area and collecting most through balls. Georgy was also playing well in the centre midfield and making some very good runs. Chelsea added goal No 6 seconf half, enjoying her new midfield role. Lanti completed her hat-trick before getting another with her head to make it 8-0. Chelsea had a couple of great chances to get her hat-trick but she had done more than enough to earn the manager's player of the week award. Avalon scored and Lanti rounded things off with her fifth to make it 10-0. Thorpe's keeper played well.

FAKENHAM U9B entertained the top three in the league over the weekend, third-placed Hillside then second-placed Thorpe. They played some great football, several chances went to the keeper or over the bar from Jack Smith and Josh Whittaker. The rain made it increasingly harder. Thorpe proved harder for Fakenham when they were tired but Cameron Webster covered acres closing the opposition down and Elliot Hull and Archie Savage were towers of strengths throughout both games in defence with 100 per cent effort from Archie S who returned from injury. Reggie in both games proved an amazing keeper, going for every ball and never pulling out. Brandon Futter, nursing a cold, triedg his best to play through it. Mathew Abraham took over for Brandon in both games to give Fakenham plenty of life in the midfield. Both games ended 1-1 with goals from Smith, leaving Fakenham still top of the league. Man of the match: Cameron. Team - Brandon Futter, Josh Whittaker (cap), Cameron Webster, Elliot Hull, Mathew Abraham, Reggie Bloomfield, Archie Savage. Jack Smith.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U10 STAGS lost 6-4 to Cringleford who started with an early goal. Dereham quickly equalised with a goal from Logan. Second quarter Cringleford scored two more goals but Regan scored from Logan's pass for 3-2. The third quarter saw some good football despite the weather. An early goal from Regan in the fourth quarter levelled the score until a fourth goal for Cringleford. Dereham equalised again with Regan completing his hat-trick. A couple of minutes later a Cringleford free-kick hit the bar and led to a goal, Cringleford then scored the final goal. PoM: Chris. MPoM: Regan.

FAKENHAM U13 travelled to Dereham, who scored first with a breakaway. Dereham pressed hard in the last five minutes of the first half when Grant had to make two tremendous saves. Fakenham's first goal came early in the second half when Dan laid the ball back for Martin, who flicked it up and hit it over the keeper's head. Fakenham won a free-kick just outside the box which Dion struck. The Dereham keeper couldn't hold onto the ball and Dan put the rebound in for 2-1. Harry then threaded the ball through to Dan, who made it 3-1 to Fakenham. Grant sent a thunderous goal kick down the right wing, which Martin took in his stride, providing a great cross for Hilly to get hold of. Hilly turned the ball into the net for 4-1. Fakenham's final goal came from Dan who got a pass back from Brady. Dan turned and sent the ball into the bottom corner to make the final score 5-1 to Fakenham. Team: Grant, Curtis, Dion, Harry, Tom, Olly, Brady, Dan, Christian, Kyle, Martin, Jack, Hilly and Sam.

TOFTWOOD U12 travelled to Wymondham looking to bounce back from defeat and drew 3-3. Luke was back in goal, with Josh, Harry, Alfie and Sonny making up the defence; Lewis, Sam, Ryan and Harry in midfield;with Micka and Matt up front. Toftwood went a goal down in the first minute after a long punt downfield. From Toftwood's first real attack, Lewis levelled from Sam's pass. Toftwood again went behind after a blunder. Toftwood again responded and following a shot which was cleared off the line, Sam scored from the resulting corner with a fierce shot from the edge of the box. Toftwood finished the half strongly, with shots from Ryan and Micka just going wide. Playing with the wind in the second half, Toftwood began to exert some pressure, with Ryan going close and the keeper bringing off a great save from Sam. Against the run of play, Wymondham made it 3-2. Toftwood pressed, but Micka and Sam both shot wide. But with a few minutes left, Robbie pounded into the box and scored with a left-foot lob. MoM: Micka Singh.

TOFTWOOD U12 entertained Salhouse and won 10-1. Toftwood lined up with Luke in goal; Josh, Harry, Alfie and Sonny in defence; Harry, Robbie, Sam and Dean in midfield and Ryan and Micka up front. Micka and Ryan looked threatening and Micka slotted home then beat the keeper to a through ball to make it 2-0. Alfie and Harry at the back were looking solid, allowing Josh and Sonny to rush up the line, and from this Ryan got in his cross for Dean to bury the chance at the far post . Lewis was introduced, and with his first touch scored Toftwood's fourth, and straight from the restart Robbie won the ball and rode tackles to make it 5-0. Lewis rounded off the half with a ball from Sonny, which he fired in to make it 6-0 at half-time. In the second half against the wind Toftwood's midfield held strong. Toftwood won another corner and from a Sonny knock-on, Matt finished off. Toftwood conceded an own goal to make it 7-1. Good work from Sam saw Dean cross for Lewis to tap home for his hat-trick. Matt and Micka combined well for Micka to get his hat-trick, before he wrapped up the game, winning a header and neatly finishing to make it 10-1. MoM: Josh Starland.

WELLS TOWN U10 played at Clenchwarton and lost 1-0. The first half saw several chances for both teams, with neither managing to find the back of the net. Jack made some good saves to keep it 0-0 at half-time. Clenchwarton started the second the stronger and scored within the first five minutes. Wells battled on and created several chances, with Mark hitting the bar and George shooting wide. Team: Jack, Bailey, James P, James B, Mark, Scott, George and Conor.