Dereham, Fakenham and Wells scene

DEREHAM WANDERERS U12 GIRLS visited Thorpe who applied the early pressure and took the lead after five minutes with a well-taken goal. This woke Dereham up and they started to attack more, having several chances.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U12 GIRLS visited Thorpe who applied the early pressure and took the lead after five minutes with a well-taken goal. This woke Dereham up and they started to attack more, having several chances. Dereham equalised from a corner with Erren running in and scoring with a powerful shot. The game flowed from end-to-end with both teams having chances. The second half continued the same with both keepers making good saves. It finished 1-1, which was a fair result. Squad: Drew, Chelsea, Ella, Erren, Anna, Rochy, Hannah, Millie, Cerys and Mary. GoM: Erren - excellent play.

SHIPDHAM FALCONS U10 were at home to Indies on Sundayand won 7-4. Good runs from Conor and Ben ended with shots saved. Connor and Lyndon passed well in midfield feeding balls Ben and Conor who hit the post and saw shots sail just over. Indies broke free and scored into the top of the net and soon got a second. Falcons battled on and Ben got one back. Jordan and Connor C put Conor M in possession on the halfway line and he went past defenders to equalise. A quick ball from Adam to Lyndon found Conor, who gave the Falcons the lead. Ben had chances that went just wide, including one from the halfway line, but his perseverance paid off with his second of the day. Ryan made numerous saves before Indies made it 5-3. Lyndon's shot hit the keeper and come out to Conor whose first shot came back out to him before he buried it. Indies got their fourth, before Conor got a final goal for the day, making it Shipdham Falcons 7, Indies 4. Scorers: Conor (5), Ben (2). MoM: Jordan Edwards.

DEREHAM TOWN U14: A smart pass by Mason freed Williams and his assured finish put Dereham ahead. Moments later Parke slipped another pass through to Williams who again finished well. Parke crossed to Betts who made no mistake from six yards. Ward then crossed to the far post where Parke headed home to make the score 4-0. Parke turned provider again as he found Lake in the area, who made no mistake from eight yards. Norman scored from a penalty, but Quirke and Skipper combined to give Betts time to cross and Lake headed home from a few yards out. Half-time Dereham Town 6, Norman Wanderers 1. Williams completed his hat-trick when he followed up a shot that came back off the keeper. Lake found Mason in space just inside the area and his left-foot shot deceived the keeper and crept in at the post. More Dereham pressure ended when Churchyard found Lake in the area and his pull-back gave Wright a simple job to score from six yards. Dereham continued to press and a final goal arrived with a few minutes left, this time Lake picked out Upton who lashed the ball home from 12 yards. Full Time Dereham Town 10 Norman Wanderers 1. Man of The Match: Declan Parke.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U9 YELLOWS entertained Harling. With normal goalkeeper Will off sick, Cameron volunteered to take his place, and what a game he had. The line- up was Cameron, Brandon, Jack, JC, Daniel, Tyler and Kian. This left Dereham with one as Josh could not play either. In the first quarter Dereham had the rain and hail, but JC found his way through to score. All the boys kept battling on, and by half-time the score was 4-1. The second half Dereham had full control and worked hard as a team, passing the ball around for JC to score his fifth goal of the game, set up by Tyler. Tyler had another outstanding game, working hard up and down the pitch, setting up goals and scoring five himself. Kian went on and scored three goals and worked hard up front with the rest of the team supporting him. Daniel had a good game, not feeling himself but playing hard with few shots at goal, the same as Jack who played really well, getting involved and passing the ball really well and taking a few shots while Brandon went for every tackle hard. The game ended 13-1. Players of the match: Cameron and Brandon.

FAKENHAM GHOSTS U10 entertained Clenchwarton in a game that saw everything that was good about youth football. Both teams displayed total commitment, desire to win and a high level of skill in a very even and sporting encounter. Early on both teams cancelled each other out and chances were hard to come by. Having just made a good save, Jamie in the home goal attempted to catch a cross-come-shot but stumbled back into his goal, giving the visitors the lead. The Ghosts fought hard to get back into the game, Matty, Dominic, Ben and Jack all having half chances but unable to beat Clenchwarton's impressive keeper. The second half was just as entertaining and as the game opened up both teams strung together some good passing moves. Kai and Dan defended well and everybody gave their all in search of an equaliser. Matty's effort from the edge of the box had goal written all over it until Clenchwarton's keeper leapt and tipped it over the bar to ensure victory for his team. Although defeated, this was the Ghosts' best display for weeks and if they can maintain this level of performance they will have a good second half to the season. Final score 0-1. Man of the match: Kai who continues to improve every week. Team: Jamie, Dan, Kai, Ben, Dominic, Jack and Matty.

FAKENHAM GHOSTS U10 lost 4-0 at Woottons B. Having played well for most of last week's game and having beaten Wootons B earlier in the season, hopes were high for this match, but it was not to be a good result. The Ghosts started quite well but it was soon apparent they were missing the injured Daniel. A few early chances were made, but Woottons B scored on the break. Jack worked hard and on a number of occasions linked well with Mattie up front, but they could not create a goal. Woottons B added a second goal before half-time. The start of the second half saw an improvement in the Ghosts' play but they were caught on the break and Woottons scored their third goal. Jack picked up an injury and the Ghosts were reduced to six players until he recovered. For a while it looked as if the Ghosts were going to get back into the game with some good goal attempts by Mattie, Jack and Ben, but all to no avail, and Woottons scored their fourth goal. Man of the match: Jack. Team: Jamie, Travis, Kai, Chant, Jack, Ben and Mattie.

Most Read

LITCHAM U12 travelled to Dereham Wanderers Reds in the second leg of their quarter-final cup match. Litcham from the start tried to play their passing game but the really boggy pitch put paid to any standard of football and it was down to a good old fashioned cup tie with both teams battling hard in the mud for any sight of goal. Although Litcham pressed and had good spells of possession, it was Reds who broke the deadlock and went in at half-time 1-0 up. Litcham fought hard for the equaliser and it came with a diving header through waves of mud for Aaron. Litcham stepped up a gear and scored two more goals through Felix and Alby. Even when Kyle, who is Litcham's goalkeeper, had to go off through injury, his stand-in Bradley had very little to do. Both teams played their hearts out battling for a result but the final aggregate score was 10-2 to Litcham who now go through to the semi-finals. MoM:Kai Hull, Coache's MoM: Harry Bammant.

TOFTWOOD U12 beat Heigham Park U12 9-1 at Toftwood Rec, lining up with Luke in goal, Josh, Alfie, Harry T and George in defence, Lewis, Sam, Sonny and Harry R in midfield and Micka and Robbie up front. Toftwood, with neat passing football, were soon rewarded when Micka broke and neatly laid off for Harry R to bury: 1-0. Toftwood continued to thread the ball from defence to attack with ease and Lewis powered in a dangerous ball that wasn't dealt with: 2-0. Heigham broke and pulled a goal back to make it 2-1. Luke in goal turned provider for Micka who latched on to Luke's kick to score: 3-1. Sam got the goal his hard work deserved, tucking home a loose ball: 4-1. Heigham still pushed but the Toftwood defence handled everything that was thrown at them with ease. Half-time 4-1. Charlie and new signing Declan were straight into the action and Declan slid a ball to Harry R to finish: 5-1, Declan then opened his Toftwood account, combining with Micka: 6-1. Harry T marshalled his defence which, despite the score, had to be alert at all times. Lewis grabbed his second when the ball pin-balled between Micka, the bar and himself: 7-1, TFrom defence a series of one-touch passes led to Micka smashing home a great team goal: 8-1. Again Toftwood passed the ball well and Josh picked out Micka whose left-foot shot found the corner of the net for his hat-trick. Man of the Match: Harry Taylor.

TOFTWOOD U12 travelled to Mulbarton with a full squad of Sonny, Alfie, Josh, Harry T, George, Lewis, Charlie, Micka, Sam, Matt, Ryan, Robbie, Dean and Harry R and won 5-0. Ryan had a shot blocked and Sam had a neat header saved as they forced the pace. Lewis then played a good through ball to Matt who was unlucky to have his shot saved. The pressure eventually told when George, on his return from injury, thumped in a header from Ryan's corner. Although Toftwood bossed possession they failed to make too many clear cut chances and at half-time led 1-0. The second half started as the first with Toftwood in charge, Robbie had a long shot go wide and Sam saw a free-kick well saved. Toftwood doubled their lead when Matt slid home and then Robbie laid in Micka to make it 3-0. Sonny shot just wide. Micka got his second and Sam rounded off the scoring just before full-time to make 5-0. The defence were very solidand got a deserved clean sheet. Man of the Match: George Simpson.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U13 GIRLS entertained Mulbarton with Dereham looking to secure their top spot for the festive period. Lanti finished a neat move, Chelsea added a well-taken second but Mulbarton struck back with a goal. Chelsea restored Dereham's two-goal advantage for a 3-1 half-time lead. Bea picked up the ball around the halfway line and quick footwork took her into the Mulbarton area where she completed a great solo effort with a goal. It was difficult for Mulbarton to get out of their own half at times. Lanti and Bea got their second goals and Lonny scored to give Dereham seven goals, but it would have been more but for the Mulbarton keeper. Mulbarton got a late a second goal following a deflection off Merrick who was picked as player of the week for her outstanding contribution in the midfield. Final score 7-2.

DEREHAM TOWN U11 hosted Hethersett. Both sides had improved since their early-season meeting as early possession was shared, but the territorial advantage lay with Dereham. Following a succession of corners Connor saw a flashing shot go agonisingly over. Further pressure resulted in a nice passing move and Jacob found the top corner with a lovely strike. The second half followed the same pattern. Dereham had the better of possession and territory, but the visitors showed great spirit and a nice counter-attacking style. The game was finally put out of their reach when, following a lovely string of passes, Harry calmly slid the ball past the keeper. Final score: Dereham 2, Hethersett 0. Man of the match: Jamie.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U10 STAGS beat New Buckingham 5-1. Saskia and James starting together in defence for the first time took a little while to settle before they were winning the battle. Callum, Chris and Adam were working well in midfield. Callum's first time shot was saved superbly. A New Buckingham shot was well saved by Alice.before another shot took a wicked deflection and looped over Alice off Saskia's knee: 1-0 New Bucks. Dereham levelled when the keeper fumbled a low shot and Logan got a tap in: 1-1. Their keeper then made another fantastic save from Chris . Dereham had a hatful of chances and drew some brilliant saves from their keeper. At half-time Saskia was replaced at the back by Regan who defended well with James. Dereham dominated with Adam fighting for the ball with a player twice his height but winning everything that got near him. Again their keeper kept them in the game. With Nathan replacing James in defence Dereham attacked and when Chris shot from long range Logan got the slightest of touches to make it 2-1. Chris broke down the wing and crossed for Logan to smashed home: 3-1. Nathan settled in quickly, winning every ball at the back . Logan ended a mazy run with a good finish into the far corner: 4-1. Adam put in a lovely cross which their man of the match keeper fumbled and Callum made it 5-1 to Dereham. MoM: Logan. Manager's MoM: Adam.

WELLS TOWN U10 drew 0-0 with Hungate U10. Hungate started the stronger side but Wells soon started to reverse the pressure. With good passing between James B, George and Conor they created several chances but couldn't get past the Hungate keeper who made several excellent saves. Wells made two substitutions in the second half, first bringing on James P then Bailey, who made some crucial tackles. And with Scott and Mark strong in defence Kailem's first full game in goal for Wells was made easy although he made a couple of good saves towards the end. Wells had most of the play in the second half but couldn't score with shots from Bailey, George and Conor, who hit the bar with only a few minutes remaining. Man of the match: James Bazely. Team: Kailem, Harry, Scott, Mark, George, James B, Bailey, James P and Conor.