Dereham hit rivals for six
Dereham 6, Histon Reserves 1Dereham opened their Ridgeons League campaign with a convincing victory against a youthful Histon side at Aldiss Park.With a side which included three new signings.
Dereham 6, Histon Reserves 1
Dereham opened their Ridgeons League campaign with a convincing victory against a youthful Histon side at Aldiss Park.
With a side which included three new signings. Dereham made a confident start before opening the scoring in the 14th minute with a well-worked move.
Ryan Foster fed Scott Roberts down the right who directed a deep cross to the far post where Danny Beaumont headed home via the underside of the crossbar.
You may also want to watch:
As the home pressure continued Kyle Downes caught the eye with some skilful touches and in the 21st minute a superb flowing five-man move ended with Gary Starling's powerful 20-yarder being turned for a corner.
Dereham could not convert their dominance into goals and Histon equalised in the 34th minute when Thomas Wright latched onto a direct ball through the centre before finishing with a crisp, low drive.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
However, within minutes the visitors were reduced to ten men when Jake Twinn was red carded for stamping on Ollie Willis.
Beaumont curled a free kick over the top on half time and it was all square at the break.
Almost immediately after the re-start Beaumont this time did better when he curled a free kick from a similar position into the bottom left-hand corner of the net to put his side in front.
Two minutes later the Magpies increased their lead with Adam Smith netting from close range and the impressive Scott Roberts made it four for Dereham in the 64th minute with a well-taken individual effort.
New signing Steve Harley headed home number five in the 70th minute following Sam Willis' ball from the far post.
Beaumont nearly netted his third before Gusterson rattled the Stutes' crossbar.
Beaumont did register his hat-trick in the 87th minute, firing home from close range following Harley's delicate chipped pass as Dereham completed their opening-day rout.