Dereham's magnificent seven
Dereham 7, Wivenhoe 1After suffering a shortage of goals, Magpies followed their three against Norwich United in midweek by hitting seven against bottom side Wivenhoe at Aldiss Park on Saturday.
Dereham 7, Wivenhoe 1
After suffering a shortage of goals, Magpies followed their three against Norwich United in midweek by hitting seven against bottom side Wivenhoe at Aldiss Park on Saturday.
It was one-way traffic from the start with last-ditch clearances and deflections preventing Dereham from scoring before the visitors found the net first in the 32nd minute when Luke Rogers beat John Higgs with a 25-yard drive.
Dereham were soon back on the attack and they found the equaliser in the 43rd minute with Adam Smith firing home from close range.
You may also want to watch:
In first-half stoppage time Scott Roberts put the Magpies in front after good play by Danny Beaumont.
Within minutes of the restart Nicky Howell headed home a Beaumont cross to increase Dereham's advantage.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
Beaumont then made it four in the 55th minute after a fine build-up including Smith and Howell.
Sub Kenny Reeves notched the fifth in the 70th minute with powerful low drive.
Smith added the sixth goal in the 79th minute before Howell notched again two minutes later to make it seven for the Magpies.