Dereham's magnificent seven
Dereham 7, Wivenhoe 1After suffering a shortage of goals, Magpies followed their three against Norwich United in midweek by hitting seven against bottom side Wivenhoe at Aldiss Park on Saturday.
Dereham 7, Wivenhoe 1
After suffering a shortage of goals, Magpies followed their three against Norwich United in midweek by hitting seven against bottom side Wivenhoe at Aldiss Park on Saturday.
It was one-way traffic from the start with last-ditch clearances and deflections preventing Dereham from scoring before the visitors found the net first in the 32nd minute when Luke Rogers beat John Higgs with a 25-yard drive.
Dereham were soon back on the attack and they found the equaliser in the 43rd minute with Adam Smith firing home from close range.
You may also want to watch:
In first-half stoppage time Scott Roberts put the Magpies in front after good play by Danny Beaumont.
Within minutes of the restart Nicky Howell headed home a Beaumont cross to increase Dereham's advantage.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
Beaumont then made it four in the 55th minute after a fine build-up including Smith and Howell.
Sub Kenny Reeves notched the fifth in the 70th minute with powerful low drive.
Smith added the sixth goal in the 79th minute before Howell notched again two minutes later to make it seven for the Magpies.