Dereham suffer late heartbreak
Dereham 2, Ely City 3: Dereham's celebrations at having completed a comeback from 2-0 down with a last minute equaliser were cut short when Ely substitute Grant Robbins snatched a last-kick injury-time winner.
Dereham 2, Ely City 3
Dereham's celebrations at having completed a comeback from 2-0 down with a last minute equaliser were cut short when Ely substitute Grant Robbins snatched a last-kick injury-time winner.
Robbie Mason put the visitors ahead from 25 yards just before the interval after a double save from Magpies keeper John Higgs.
Richard Chadwick made it two on 70 minutes but Danny Beaumont struck twice in the last five minutes, the equaliser coming from the spot after Olly Willis had been brought down.
Newmarket 2, Norwich Utd 1
A second half fightback proved to be in vain as Norwich United slipped to a narrow defeat at Newmarket.
- 1 Smith takeaways: City chief on market moves, Mumba recall and hangover talk
- 2 PRESSER: Norwich City v Huddersfield - Sorensen suffers break; Pukki x-ray
- 3 WATCH: City summer departure scores rocket for new club
- 4 David Hannant: I think we have a new Carrow Road cult hero
- 5 Smith braced for a late transfer window twist
- 6 Norwich grab the headlines on Premier League opening day - 30 years ago
- 7 Byram key to City's left back injury curse
- 8 Springett returns in City under-21s' draw with Leeds
- 9 'A kind, happy soul' - Former City stars lead tributes to former club photographer
- 10 City say under twos not allowed into "open-air areas" of Carrow Road
The Jockeys went ahead on 34 minutes through James Lane but United shrugged off that setback, equalising on the hour mark when Andrew Claydon fired home from the penalty spot after he had been brought down by Andrew Eady.
Sadly for the visitors they were unable to hold on for a point, with Newmarket securing victory 13 minutes from time when Steve Bugg fired home.
Elsewhere in the Premier Division Wroxham suffered a 3-2 defeat at Mildenhall.
Diss 2, Yarmouth 2
Diss twice came from behind to salvage a point from a thrilling Norfolk derby in Division One.
Yarmouth went ahead after eight minutes when Stuart Roach headed in a cross from Scott Woodcock but Sam Bryant and Stuart Garner combined to set up Jake Burton for the first equaliser ten minutes later.
Jake Reed restored the Bloaters' lead midway through the second half but Diss, who hit the woodwork three times, made it 2-2 when George Watts-Sturrock played Xavier Huckle through to slot coolly into the corner.