Dereham suffer late heartbreak
Dereham 2, Ely City 3: Dereham's celebrations at having completed a comeback from 2-0 down with a last minute equaliser were cut short when Ely substitute Grant Robbins snatched a last-kick injury-time winner.
Dereham 2, Ely City 3
Dereham's celebrations at having completed a comeback from 2-0 down with a last minute equaliser were cut short when Ely substitute Grant Robbins snatched a last-kick injury-time winner.
Robbie Mason put the visitors ahead from 25 yards just before the interval after a double save from Magpies keeper John Higgs.
Richard Chadwick made it two on 70 minutes but Danny Beaumont struck twice in the last five minutes, the equaliser coming from the spot after Olly Willis had been brought down.
You may also want to watch:
Newmarket 2, Norwich Utd 1
A second half fightback proved to be in vain as Norwich United slipped to a narrow defeat at Newmarket.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Reported target set to snub Canaries
- 2 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 3 Canaries' ace Billy Gilmour belts out karaoke classic in city
- 4 Exiled City duo feature in stunning U23 friendly comeback
- 5 'A lot of potential there' - City defender on trial at Coventry
- 6 City confirm midfielder exit
- 7 'He is going to be a top, top player'- City star on Gilmour
- 8 Fans set for Carrow Road return in Gillingham friendly
- 9 Fans could need both jabs to attend Premier League matches under new plans
- 10 Farke savours Lees-Melou masterclass
The Jockeys went ahead on 34 minutes through James Lane but United shrugged off that setback, equalising on the hour mark when Andrew Claydon fired home from the penalty spot after he had been brought down by Andrew Eady.
Sadly for the visitors they were unable to hold on for a point, with Newmarket securing victory 13 minutes from time when Steve Bugg fired home.
Elsewhere in the Premier Division Wroxham suffered a 3-2 defeat at Mildenhall.
Diss 2, Yarmouth 2
Diss twice came from behind to salvage a point from a thrilling Norfolk derby in Division One.
Yarmouth went ahead after eight minutes when Stuart Roach headed in a cross from Scott Woodcock but Sam Bryant and Stuart Garner combined to set up Jake Burton for the first equaliser ten minutes later.
Jake Reed restored the Bloaters' lead midway through the second half but Diss, who hit the woodwork three times, made it 2-2 when George Watts-Sturrock played Xavier Huckle through to slot coolly into the corner.