Dereham Town A back on top

Dereham Town A moved to the top of the Division One table following their 7-0 win at Narborough.

Tacolneston moved up three places to second after edging out Thetford Rovers Reserves by the odd goal of nine and Feltwell United are up to third after a 4-1 home win over Swaffham Town A.

There was just one match in Division Two and leaders Sporle maintained their 100% record by beating third-placed Thurton & Ashby 4-3 to go clear at the top of the table.

The remainder of the programme was given over to first round matches in the Primary League Cup and Pease League Cup. In the Chequered Flag Primary League Cup, the holders Castle Acre Swifts made sure of a place in the next round with a 2-1 home win over Nostro.

All the other matches also ended as home wins with Methwold Rovers beating Necton 3-0, North Elmham putting eight past Hethersett Athletic who could only score three in reply and Saham Toney Reserves beating Gressenhall Reserves 4-1. West End were 6-2 winners over Cockers and Yaxham beat Breckland Wanderers 5-1.

In the first round of the Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup, the holders Diss Town A also won, beating Shropham United Reserves. 3-1. In the only match to go to penalties, Methwold Rovers Reserves edged past Colkirk after a 3-3 draw.

Two matches went to extra time and both ended up 4-3 - Splitz United won at Walsingham United while Weasenham Wanderers went through at the expense of Narborough Reserves.

Most Read

The highest scores of the day were achieved by Tugas United who won 9-1 at Dereham Cockers United while Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves ran out 9-2 home winners over Methwold United.

Bawdeswell beat Shipdham Reserves 4-0, Beetley United won 2-0 at home to Tacolneston Reserves and Litcham beat Yaxham Reserves by the only goal of the game. Marham Wanderers enjoyed a 5-0 home win over Castle Acre Swifts Reserves while Hingham Athletic Reserves will be pleased with their 3-1 success at Mattishall A.

Wendling beat Great Cressingham by the odd goal of three and Rampant Horse had a comfortable 7-1 home win over Nostro Reserves. Watton United A beat Rockland United Reserves 7-0 and Scarning United did likewise to Stoke Ferry with a very entertaining performance in a match well refereed by stand-in referee Michael Dickinson.

Results from the first round of the Norfolk Junior Cup were disappointing with only Bridgham United making progress after winning 5-0 at East Ruston and Shropham United who had a good 5-1 home win over Buxton.