Dereham Town lose unbeaten tag and hand Kirkley lead
Dereham Town lost their unbeaten Ridgeons League Premier Division record – and the chance to open a three-point lead at the top – when they were beaten 3-0 at Wisbech Town.
For all their pressure, however, Dereham couldn’t get a goal back and their fate was sensationally sealed in the last minute when Darren Jimson spectacularly chipped Scott Marshall from fully 45 yards.
Matty Henman’s men will now attempt to bounce back when they visit Histon on Saturday.
The result meant that Kirkley and Pakefield pushed Dereham off the top of the table – on goal difference – without playing.
And tonight they have the chance to go three points clear when they take on Wroxham at Walmer Road.
You may also want to watch:
• Norwich United advanced to the first round of the Ridgeons League Challenge Cup with a 3-1 win at Debenham.
The Suffolk side opened the scoring early on through Danny Allen but the Planters hit back to win with goals from Ross King, Reece Hunn and Tom Geal.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 8 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto
Fakenham put up a good show before losing 3-2 at March Town United.