Dereham Town lose unbeaten tag and hand Kirkley lead
Dereham Town lost their unbeaten Ridgeons League Premier Division record – and the chance to open a three-point lead at the top – when they were beaten 3-0 at Wisbech Town.
For all their pressure, however, Dereham couldn’t get a goal back and their fate was sensationally sealed in the last minute when Darren Jimson spectacularly chipped Scott Marshall from fully 45 yards.
Matty Henman’s men will now attempt to bounce back when they visit Histon on Saturday.
The result meant that Kirkley and Pakefield pushed Dereham off the top of the table – on goal difference – without playing.
And tonight they have the chance to go three points clear when they take on Wroxham at Walmer Road.
You may also want to watch:
• Norwich United advanced to the first round of the Ridgeons League Challenge Cup with a 3-1 win at Debenham.
The Suffolk side opened the scoring early on through Danny Allen but the Planters hit back to win with goals from Ross King, Reece Hunn and Tom Geal.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 8 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 9 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 10 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
Fakenham put up a good show before losing 3-2 at March Town United.