Directors dip into pockets to refund fans
DAVID CUFFLEY City's 450 travelling fans faced the prospect of an immediate 200 mile-plus return journey to Norfolk after learning of the postponement at Turf Moor just 90 minutes before kick-off.
City's 450 travelling fans faced the prospect of an immediate 200 mile-plus return journey to Norfolk after learning of the postponement at Turf Moor just 90 minutes before kick-off.
City officials immediately announced that they would refund the coach fare for the 150 supporters travelling on official coaches after paying £24 each to travel to Burnley.
In all, 450 Norwich fans bought tickets for the game, at a top price of £18.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets will be valid for the rearranged match, but Burnley Football Club will refund the money for those who cannot attend what is likely to be a midweek fixture.
City boss Peter Grant said the directors had quickly decided to refund the fare to fans on the club's official transport.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 4 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
Grant said: “I think that's a fantastic gesture but you are talking about a five or six hour journey and we are back up here again next week when we have got Blackpool in the FA Cup, so we've got to come this way again.
“It's a hell of a trek for supporters.
“Our away support has been wonderful this year and now they have got to come up here for a midweek game as well.
“They are very, very disappointed, I know, but the reimbursement will hopefully be a big thank-you for them.
“The numbers coming, the amount of money spent and the hours they spend doing that is amazing.
“But I am disappointed for the players, too.”
A new date has yet to be set for the rearranged game