Diss area notes

DISS TOWN U18 lost to hosts Framlingham 4-1. Framlingham completed a quick eight-day U18 League double against Diss at Baddingham Road last Thursday. The win took Framlingham to the top of the table.

DISS TOWN U18 lost to hosts Framlingham 4-1. Framlingham completed a quick eight-day U18 League double against Diss at Baddingham Road last Thursday. The win took Framlingham to the top of the table. A brilliant double save from Jamie Allen in the seventh minute kept the score at 0-0. He pushed a close range Ben Gobbit shot up on to the bar and from the rebound tipped a Nathan Jest shot also on to the bar. Tom Jacob was forced to clear off his line at a Framlingham corner. Soon after a fine run down the left by Simon McCluskey ended with a perfect low cross for Sam Seaman to shoot the hosts ahead. Diss equalised when Dawid Kawa moved into the penalty area before being challenged. He won the ball back and passed for Damian Phelan to curl a perfect shot over the keeper. Phelan was just wide with a header at a Keiran Nicholls corner. Later Sam Seaman headed in for Framlingham. Soon after Jacob played his pass well short of Allen and Matt Smith collected it and steered his shot past Allen. Ed Lake curled a right foot shot on target after cutting in from the right as the Tangerines opened the second half in attractive style. But Josh Kerridge completed the scoring as he was allowed to move unchallenged before unleashing a powerful 30-yard shot home. Ronnie Heffer had a shot from an acute angle cleared off the line and George Playford hit a post with a 20-yard shot. MoM: Jamie Allen. His double save early in the game was top quality.

SCOLE GIRLS U15 entertained Mulbarton in a cup game and got off to a dream start when Tash Blakely cut in and scored with a left-foot shot into the bottom corner. Rachael Wall added a second with a superb individual goal, beating several players in a mazy run. Mulbarton looked dangerous with their quick breaks and reduced the lead when Megan Robinson parried a long shot and the ball fell kindly for them to score. Mulbarton equalised with a good shot into the top corner. Scole started the second half with more determination and took the lead again when Hannah Beeslee shot home and she quickly scored a second, Vic Owen added a fifth with a good shot on the turn, but Mulbarton refused to give up and rattled Scole's crossbar before girl-of-the-game Hannah Beelsee completed her hat-trick to give Scole a comfortable win and put them into the next round of the cup.

BECKVALE entertained Waveney Youth and continued their impressive start to the season, smashing 17 past the visitors with an excellent team performance with two in reply. Evans and Miller combined well to open the scoring, followed by goals for Heasley and Bentall. Beckvale made it seven without reply before the break, proving too hot to handle in all departments. The second half saw Oakely push up into midfield to score his first club goal with a fine effort. Oakely completed his hat-trick, and Harvey hit the back of the net with a good strike. The visitors got two breakaway goals when the Beckvale defence were caught to high up the pitch, leaving Foster in goal little chance with either. MoM: Wellar for a strong performance.

DISS TOWN U10 HAWKS met Costessey in a cup match, a week after their league encounter. Diss made a promising start, with Charlie Stammers shooting wide and Sam Hunt dribbling through to force a save. Costessey then forced the pace for the most of the first half but Steven Hines was tireless in defence and William Aitken made several fine saves. Diss played much better in the second half, with Jamie Channell and Scott Wilby running well from midfield. The pressure told when Lawrence Brown scored with a fine shot. William Smith then hit a long-range drive, which was well saved and the Hawks held on for a narrow but deserved victory. Full-time: Diss Town 1, Costessey 0.

DISS U8 played Taverham in an evenly-contested game settled by a second-half Taverham strike. Diss were unlucky not to take the lead when Bradley Budd made a great run down the wing, beating two defenders and with a superb cross Harry Holmes was inches away from tapping in. Bradley Budd and George Hawes were once again excellent in defence with a couple of fine saves by Henry Ready. Ryan Davidson and Aidan Browne both had chances but Diss can be pleased with their overall performance. In another game against Sprowston U8 the team can be really pleased as they dominated possession. Ryan Davidson, Aidan Browne and Oliver Budd were all impressive in midfield and Bradley Budd once again excellent in defence. Diss were unlucky to concede a penalty. Diss heads did not drop and Ryan Davidson's excellent left-foot strike made the scores level. Jacob Ready and Aidan Browne both had second half chances to take the lead, however Sprowston held on.

DISS U9 first played a very tough and physical Firside and it turned out to be a titanic encounter. A complete reshuffle saw normal keeper Connor Blake pair up in midfield with debut boy Robert Jestico and they didn't disappoint adding steel to the midfield and both thundering the woodwork. Firside took an early lead which was unjust on defenders Alex Chittock and Kieran Allen who were simply awesome against some big strikers. A blistering save from keeper Owen Thompson-Browne at 1-0 kept the Diss belief alive and the lads responded with the impressive Charlie Bowen feeding two inch-perfect passes to clinical marksman Josh Lucraft who smashed home in style for a 2-1 win. Game two against local rivals Scole saw the lads under early pressure and the hosts went two up. Immense credit to Diss who kept battling well with Dane Potter and Ryan Hook making timely tackles in midfield and Jack Burrows giving an excellent account of himself in defence. The real story was Scole took their chances well. Josh Lucraft could feel aggrieved at not getting a couple of penalties decisions. Final score: Scole 2, Diss 0.

Most Read

EYE SAINTS U10 flooded forward putting pressure on Claydon's goal from the off, this quick start saw Jack Scott hit a post with a fantastic shot. This pressure paid off when Jay Turvey scored the first with a well-taken free-kick. Fantastic passing play from Eye saw Jay net a second with a good finish. Eye continued to dominate into the second half, rarely looking troubled at the back due to some great handling from Henry Prentice in goal and some solid defending from Henry Gray. Jack Scott secured the result late on with a poacher's finish.

HARLESTON U13 lost at table-topping Acle 2-0. They were a new team in the league so Harleston didn't know what to expect, but knew that they had beaten their five previous opponents by at least seven goals. The first half was a bag of missed chances for Harleston, with Acle managing to nick a goal against the run of play. The second half was slightly different. With Harleston having to push forward for the equaliser, they were having to do a lot of defending when getting hit on the break. Harleston were controversially denied a penalty. Acle managed to grab another goal late on. This was a very scrappy performance from the whole team, with the exception of Jack Brown in goal and MoM Mike Manser, but on the plus side, 2-0 was no embarrassment against a talented side.

HARLESTON U12 travelled to Sole Bay and gave an excellent display. After conceding an early goal, they battled back and deservedly equalised from a break from Ryan Shadbolt. They then took the lead after Brandon Pickess weaved his way into the box and coolly slotted home. The home side then pushed forward and equalised and just before half-time took an undeserved lead. The second half saw Harleston take the game to Bay, playing some excellent football and despite hitting the woodwork a couple of times, they equalised after a cool finish from Tom Girling. Despite pushing forward, Harleston couldn't score the winner their play deserved. An excellent performance in which all the team played well with Morgan Robinson claiming MoM for an excellent game in defence.

HARLESTON U10 travelled to Gorleston in the cup, a team who play two divisions higher. After an even start, the score remained goalless at half-time thanks to a last-ditch challenge from Dan Elgood prevented the home side from taking the lead. Early in the second half, Ben Robinson was unlucky for his shot to hit the bar. Gorleston took the lead after an unlucky bounce found its way into the goal. Then with Harleston pushing forward, they were caught on the break for the second goal. MoM: keeper Ryan Ellis for a fine display.

HEMPNALL U14 entertained local rivals Harleston last week. Hempnall started off well and a link-up between Ciaran and Billy saw Billy's shot go just wide. A very even first half saw the teams go in 0-0. The second half was also well matched but Harleston scored to go 1-0 up. Harleston thought they had scored another but Bulldog did a fantastic header off the line. With a few minutes to go Hempnall kept pushing and never let their heads drop, and were rewarded when Billy scored to level. Hempnall then turned on even more pressure and with virtually the last kick of the game this was rewarded when Joe Joe scored for a fantastic Hempnall victory. This was a fantastic result for Hempnall who thoroughly deserved the win, with all the boys played fantastically well. Final score: Hempnall 2, Harleston 1.

HEMPNALL U12 suffered their biggest defeat in four seasons when they travelled to last year's champs Gorleston. Again uncertainties in defence led to an early Gorleston goal. Ben Allen and Callum Maloney were lively up front and a long-range effort from Oli Newson instilled some confidence for Hempnall to pressurise the home defence. A fine 30- yard shot from Callum saw the keeper desperately push the ball over the bar. Gorleston then scored a fantastic goal from 25 yards that rocked Hempnall who continued to push forward and were rewarded with a fine goal from Callum Maloney. It was Gorleston's turn to buckle under pressure only for them to score a third. In the second half Hempnall could not cope with Gorleston's route-one football offering little resistance to the two quick Gorleston forwards. Callum Maloney had an excellent game on the left. Final score: Gorleston 8, Hempnall 1.

LONG STRATTON U10 faced their toughest test yet against top-of-the-table Ormesby. The game started with chances at both ends and both sets of midfielders cancelling each other out. Then came the breakthrough, with J Bemrose making his own space in front of goal and taking the chance to put Stratton 1-0 up halfway through the first half. Ormesby came out of the starting blocks quicker and the pressure was on. K Cleverly and H Grimsley playing in front of K Locke have proved to be a formidable defensive line. But after 10 minutes Ormesby found a way through to score. Stratton always had chances with some superb crosses and corners from captain B Whiting and W Gosling finding himself in space in and around the goal mouth, but it wasn't to be. One minute to go and the Ormseby striker was free but K Locke stood firm with a great save. All in all a fair result at 1-1. GLS MoM: H Grimsley.

LONG STRATTON U13 lost 4-3 to Swindell, Wayne Bemrose scored twice and Aidan Hilton executed a superb lob for Stratton. Stratton Glass & Windows MoM: Ben Clark.

EYE SAINTS U13 went back to top of the table with an excellent 8-1 home win against second-placed Kesgrave. Saints went 1-0 up after good play by Tanner Call gave Joe Hooton the opportunity to slide the ball past the keeper. An excellent ball from Tanner was confidently placed in the net by Reuben Martindale. Just before half-time Kesgrave scored. At the start of the second half sub, Levi Harris, scored twice in a matter of minutes. Saints scored their fifth when a long ball from Ryan Netwon caught the defence square and allowed an on-rushing Tanner to glide the ball home. Newton scored the sixth when he headed in from a corner. Harris completed his hat-trick and Tanner scored the best goal of the game with a brilliant free-kick from outside the area. MoM: Tanner Call for excellent hold-up play and finishing.

SCOLE LADS U12 suffered a disappointing result, going down to Dereham Stripes 4-2, considering they were in control and had possession for most of the match. Scole had numerous chances and Nathan Constance and Jake Wootton took some great shots from afar but all failed to count. In the second half a lucky long shot gave DWS a 1-0 lead. Three more goals followed which left Scole stunned but with a great fighting spirit and determination they pulled back two goals from Josh Driver and Gregor Shipperlee. MoM: Alan Everett.

SCOLE U10 had the better of the first- half possession and play. Charlie Hitch sent in a succession of good corners but Scole couldn't take advantage. Daniel Heffer (MoM) showed composure and good footwork in midfield and Kieran Manning covered a lot of ground. The move of the half was when a powerful run from Hitch found Manning, his first-time cross found Lewis Burrows in the box who couldn't get his shot off in time. The second half was scrappy. Oliver Boardman continued his good form at the back. Thomas Browne and Daniel Whyman linked up well down the right but the goal just wouldn't come for Scole, who were hit with a sucker punch when they conceded in the last seconds of the game when a late Attleborough corner was headed powerfully home.

SCOLE U11 played Sprowston and the game was won unfortunately in the first 20 minutes with Scole slow to start and get focused allowing Sprowston to score four goals. Scole then seemed to regroup and started to get into the game forcing a penalty which Reece Lanchester netted. In the second half Scole seemed to keep up the pressure and produced some nice work but lacked the final shot on goal. Sprowston were allowed to score once more in this half. Scole worked hard in the second half but were just unable to hit the back of the net. MoM: Jamie Young, for some good work down the wing.

SCOLE LADS U18, despite gifting hosts Trimley two goals in the first 15 minutes, had already done enough to be in front at that point. The visitors were playing some lovely attacking football but two defensive lapses let in Trimley who must have thought they were in heaven with the scoreline at that point. Scole were undeterred and gamely got back into the game with two quick goals before half-time to set things up for a second-half cracker. This did not materialise however and Scole's football began to deteriorate but still managing to create various decent chances. The breakthrough when Scole went in front and two further goals gave a more realistic feeling to the dominance of play.

LONG Stratton U11 played at home to Waveney Youth D. An exciting game for the Reds with all the players performing well and getting stuck in the defence of Jamie W, and Owen W stopped the majority of the balls getting to the Reds goalie Edward S who did manage to have some great saves. The midfielders Cameron H, Jamie H, Sophie F and Jack D had a great game getting back into the swing of passing to each other. Matt P, the unluckiest player of the game, took a lot of great shots but didn't find the goal. The great performances of the goal scorers Max S (4), Kieran S (2), Harley B (2), Jason G (2), Tristan C (2) and Jamie SW (1) saw the Reds win 13-0. MoM: Max S.