Diss girls win league finals
Diss High School's U16 Girls' Football Team have won the county league finals.They travelled to Anglian Window Sports Club to take part and were undefeated in their area league and were to compete against Sprowston, Hellesdon and Reepham.
Diss High School's U16 Girls' Football Team have won the county league finals.
They travelled to Anglian Window Sports Club to take part and were undefeated in their area league and were to compete against Sprowston, Hellesdon and Reepham.
Their first game was against Sprowston and it was an extremely tight game.
Their break came when Hayley Peverley flicked the ball through to Freya Evans who curved the ball and scored near post to make it 1-0 just before half time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half they managed to keep their lead through some excellent defending by Hannah Bray and Kristina Brinkley. Hannah Archibald also made two excellent saves to keep us in the game.
The final score was 1-0 to Diss and they had beaten an extremely tough side.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 6 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 7 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 8 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 9 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 10 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
Their second game was against Reepham and they were an extremely strong side. The girls fought throughout the game and Hayley Peverley came close to scoring on occasions, however their defence stood strong. At the end of the game it was 0-0.
Their final game was against Hellesdon and they had to win it to be crowned champions. The girls were extremely positive and went out strong.
Five minutes into the first half Hayley Peverley scored a cracking goal from 25-yards out to put Diss 1-0 up.
In the second half Hayley Peverley came close to making it two, however their keeper made a fantastic save.
Again the defence particularly Sarah McGahan and Hannah Bray kept it together. The final result was 1-0 to Diss.
This was a well-deserved victory after another successful year for the U16 girls.
They narrowly missed out on winning the County Cup to Thorpe and again for the second year running they got to the last 32 in England in the English Cup.
Pictured are, back row (from left): Lila Aid, Kelsie Hain, Freya Evans, Hayley Peverley (captain), Kristina Brinkley, Sarah McGahan, Ellen Shailes.
Front row: Taryn Young, Claire Fairweather, Charlotte Catalano, Hannah Archibald, Hannah Bray, Nikki Hines, Georgie Walne.