Diss girls win league finals
Diss High School's U16 Girls' Football Team have won the county league finals.They travelled to Anglian Window Sports Club to take part and were undefeated in their area league and were to compete against Sprowston, Hellesdon and Reepham.
Diss High School's U16 Girls' Football Team have won the county league finals.
They travelled to Anglian Window Sports Club to take part and were undefeated in their area league and were to compete against Sprowston, Hellesdon and Reepham.
Their first game was against Sprowston and it was an extremely tight game.
Their break came when Hayley Peverley flicked the ball through to Freya Evans who curved the ball and scored near post to make it 1-0 just before half time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half they managed to keep their lead through some excellent defending by Hannah Bray and Kristina Brinkley. Hannah Archibald also made two excellent saves to keep us in the game.
The final score was 1-0 to Diss and they had beaten an extremely tough side.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 3 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
Their second game was against Reepham and they were an extremely strong side. The girls fought throughout the game and Hayley Peverley came close to scoring on occasions, however their defence stood strong. At the end of the game it was 0-0.
Their final game was against Hellesdon and they had to win it to be crowned champions. The girls were extremely positive and went out strong.
Five minutes into the first half Hayley Peverley scored a cracking goal from 25-yards out to put Diss 1-0 up.
In the second half Hayley Peverley came close to making it two, however their keeper made a fantastic save.
Again the defence particularly Sarah McGahan and Hannah Bray kept it together. The final result was 1-0 to Diss.
This was a well-deserved victory after another successful year for the U16 girls.
They narrowly missed out on winning the County Cup to Thorpe and again for the second year running they got to the last 32 in England in the English Cup.
Pictured are, back row (from left): Lila Aid, Kelsie Hain, Freya Evans, Hayley Peverley (captain), Kristina Brinkley, Sarah McGahan, Ellen Shailes.
Front row: Taryn Young, Claire Fairweather, Charlotte Catalano, Hannah Archibald, Hannah Bray, Nikki Hines, Georgie Walne.