Diss girls win league finals
Diss High School's U16 Girls' Football Team have won the county league finals.They travelled to Anglian Window Sports Club to take part and were undefeated in their area league and were to compete against Sprowston, Hellesdon and Reepham.
Diss High School's U16 Girls' Football Team have won the county league finals.
They travelled to Anglian Window Sports Club to take part and were undefeated in their area league and were to compete against Sprowston, Hellesdon and Reepham.
Their first game was against Sprowston and it was an extremely tight game.
Their break came when Hayley Peverley flicked the ball through to Freya Evans who curved the ball and scored near post to make it 1-0 just before half time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half they managed to keep their lead through some excellent defending by Hannah Bray and Kristina Brinkley. Hannah Archibald also made two excellent saves to keep us in the game.
The final score was 1-0 to Diss and they had beaten an extremely tough side.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
- 2 TEAM NEWS: Normann and Cantwell fit for City's battle with Brighton
- 3 Why leaving Brighton was the ‘best decision’ of City midfielder’s career
- 4 'They need to step up' - City legend wants more from summer signings
- 5 'They're fighting' - Brighton boss believes City will find first win soon
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Jet-setting Canaries have never had it so good!
- 7 Farke is sure 'baller' Gilmour will make his impact at City
- 8 Norwich City accept police invite to help tackle online racism
- 9 Ian Clarke: I'd absolutely love it if Norwich City can stick it to the critics
- 10 Should Gilmour start for City against Seagulls?
Their second game was against Reepham and they were an extremely strong side. The girls fought throughout the game and Hayley Peverley came close to scoring on occasions, however their defence stood strong. At the end of the game it was 0-0.
Their final game was against Hellesdon and they had to win it to be crowned champions. The girls were extremely positive and went out strong.
Five minutes into the first half Hayley Peverley scored a cracking goal from 25-yards out to put Diss 1-0 up.
In the second half Hayley Peverley came close to making it two, however their keeper made a fantastic save.
Again the defence particularly Sarah McGahan and Hannah Bray kept it together. The final result was 1-0 to Diss.
This was a well-deserved victory after another successful year for the U16 girls.
They narrowly missed out on winning the County Cup to Thorpe and again for the second year running they got to the last 32 in England in the English Cup.
Pictured are, back row (from left): Lila Aid, Kelsie Hain, Freya Evans, Hayley Peverley (captain), Kristina Brinkley, Sarah McGahan, Ellen Shailes.
Front row: Taryn Young, Claire Fairweather, Charlotte Catalano, Hannah Archibald, Hannah Bray, Nikki Hines, Georgie Walne.