Diss go on goal spree
Whitton United 1, Diss Town 8: League leaders Diss Town won on a goal spree as they led 7-0 at half time at King George V Playing Fields. A more even second half saw The Tangerines add just one more to their tally.
Whitton United 1, Diss Town 8
League leaders Diss Town won on a goal spree as they led 7-0 at half time at King George V Playing Fields.
A more even second half saw The Tangerines add just one more to their tally.
It was as many goals as Whitton had conceded in their previous six league games.
You may also want to watch:
Brendan Foley shot in from 12 yards out after a 4th minute Xavier Huckle corner was not cleared. Two minutes later Paul Nichols headed the ball on for Ben Soanes to play the ball into the path of Huckle.
He used his pace to run through and chip the ball over the advancing Jack Foster to make it 2-0. Huckle burst through and shot in without challenge in the 20th minute.
- 1 City lodge complaint to EFL over match officials conduct during Luton Town defeat
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Sheffield Wednesday - Pukki and Emi fit
- 3 'He is a very understated person' - Pulis relishing Farke reunion at Carrow Road
- 4 What do the new Brexit rules mean for Norwich City?
- 5 Iwan Roberts: I've never seen an injury crisis like Norwich City's before
- 6 Farke's fan plea ahead of Carrow Rd return
- 7 Norwich City able to access £8.33m loan after Premier League agree EFL bailout
- 8 'We need to adapt' - Skipp keen to share the goals around in Pukki's absence
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 10 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
Shots were raining in on Foster's goal and he had no chance to stop a 28th minute shot by Stuart Garner after a free kick was only cleared to the edge of the penalty area.
In the 35th minute Nichols headed in powerfully at a corner from Mark Shadrack to make it 5-0.
A minute before half time goalkeeper Foster was caught in possession by Soanes. His shot was blocked but Sam Bryant put the loose ball in. A minute later Bryant added another goal as he shot in to a centre from Garner.
Huckle completed his hat-trick in the 59th minute with a solo effort, again demonstrating his tremendous pace.
He has been a valuable addition to the squad for Diss this season - he played in the Crown Fire Division One last season with Saham Toney.
The only surprise was that Diss failed to add to their goal tally in the last half an hour. On the stroke of time Whitton scored when Kevin Inglis curled a free kick into the roof of the net.
Whitton team: Jack Foster, Oliver brown, Ashley Smith, Jacob Heaton, Darcy De'ath, Matt Cunningham, Anton Prince, Josh Brown, Jerrell Layne, Kevin Inglis, Anton Clarke.
Whitton subs: Thomas Barry, Neil Shade, Harry Froud, Thomas Jackson, Camillo Douglas.
Diss team: Matty Hill, Christian Money, Stuart Garner, Paul Nichols, Brendan Foley, Mark Shadrack, Xavier Huckle, George Watts-Sturrock, Ben Soanes, Jason Hunt, Sam Bryant.
Diss subs: Jake Burton (for Hunt 64 mins), Peter Hooks (for Bryant 46 mins), Simon Jackson, Jon Abbott (for Watts-Sturrock 56 mins) and Matt Webster.
Referee: James Pope.