Division One leaders Castle Acre Swifts extend lead at top of table
There was virtually a full programme following the poor weather of previous weeks. Interest for the top two divisions was largely in the semi-finals of the two League Cup competitions.
In both, the results produced local derbies for the two finals. In the Junior League Cup, Dereham Town A beat Thetford Rovers Reserves 3-0 and Yaxham proved too strong for Rockland United, running out 5-2 winners. In the Chequered Flag Primary League Cup, Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves had a convincing 9-1 win over Division Two leaders Rampant Horse while West End won 4-2 at Sporle.
The results in Division One went very much the way of leaders Castle Acre Swifts. While they were beating Tacolneston 7-3, the three teams immediately below them all lost. North Elmham were beaten 2-1 at home by Bridgham United, Morley Village were soundly beaten 5-2 at home by Swaffham Town A and Shipdham were beaten by the odd goal of three at Gressenhall, a result which takes Gressenhall out of the relegation places. Bottom team Narborough also won, beating Northwold S&SC 5-2.
There were just three matches in Division Two and two of the leaders also lost despite having home advantage. Hethersett Athletic went down to 4-0 to Necton while Nostro were beaten 4-2 by Cockers. In the other match, Scarning United beat Bawdeswell 6-0 and climbed into third place as a result.
The top three teams in Division Three all won. Leaders Attleborough Athletic travelled to Wendling and won 3-0, second-placed Litcham beat North Elmham Reserves 7-1 and Weeting moved up to third following their 5-2 home win over Great Cressingham. Hingham Athletic Reserves are fifth after winning 7-1 at Colkirk, Stoke Ferry ran out 3-1 home winners over Splitz United and Marham Wanderers and Methwold United shared the spoils from a 3-3 draw.
You may also want to watch:
The Division Four leaders Mulbarton Wanderers A ran up the biggest score of the day with an 11-2 win at bottom team Methwold United Reserves. Second-placed Walsingham United beat Nostro Reserves 6-4 at home and Beetley United remain fifth after beating Gressenhall Reserves 5-0. Tacolneston Reserves are sixth after their 6-2 win at Shipdham Reserves and Castle Acre Swifts Reserves won by the odd goal of seven at Dereham Cockers United.
- 1 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 2 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 3 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 4 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 7 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round