Divison Four title the only trophy left to be decided
Three of the four divisional titles were settled during the week.
Castle Acre Swifts won the League Championship for the first time in their history and completed a League and Cup double having won the Ben Smith Memorial Cup earlier in the week. West End were named as Division Two champions when Bawdeswell withdrew from the League making it impossible for their two rivals, Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves and Scarning United to catch them.
Stoke Ferry who are still unbeaten in Division Three made sure of the title with a midweek win to ensure their move up to Division Two for next season. The Division Four title is still between Mulbarton Wanderers A and Feltwell United Reserves both of whom play their last fixture against Beetley United during the coming week.
On Saturday, Castle Acre Swifts won by the only goal of the game at Thetford Rovers Reserves while Morley Village made sure of finishing third, beating Shipdham by the odd goal of seven. In the other match, Yaxham beat already relegated Narborough 4-1 in the latter’s last game in Division One for the time being.
In the only match in Division Two, Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves moved a step closer to the runners up spot with a 6-0 home win over Sporle and now know that a draw with Scarning United in their last match will be enough to ensure second place.
You may also want to watch:
Stoke Ferry underlined their Division Three success with a 3-1 win at Great Cressingham. Attleborough Athletic beat bottom team Narborough Reserves 8-3, Watton United A ran out 2-0 home winners over Marham Wanderers and North Elmham Reserves beat Wendling by the odd goal of five.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 5 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 6 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 7 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 8 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 9 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 10 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries