Do not rule out a rare draw at Anfield
BETTING: Following their entertaining 3-1 victory over Swansea last weekend, the Canaries take to the road tomorrow for an awkward-looking duel with Liverpool.
The Reds may have won the last four meetings between the two clubs, going back to 1995, but City did famously record a 1-0 victory at Anfield in 1994 courtesy of Jeremy Goss’ wonder goal – a match that was also the last to be played in front of the terraced Kop.
While there’s been only one draw in the last 11 meetings between Liverpool and Norwich, the fact City have won three of their last four games suggests odds against the draw should not be ignored, especially as Sportingbet offer 4/1 against such an outcome. Meanwhile, the same firm post 31/20 about the first 45 minutes finishing on level terms.
Betfred make the home side their red-hot 1/4 favourites, although those odds are likely to appeal only to home followers, whereas Ladbrokes’ evens for City to find the net at any stage will catch the eye of travelling fans.
There’s little doubt that Paul Lambert’s charges are capable of scoring, but as they showed at Carrow Road last week, they’re equally adept at conceding.
You may also want to watch:
Punters mindful of this may consider Totesport’s 15/2 for both halves to end level, or perhaps Betfred’s 10/1 posted about a 1-1 outcome.
More positive types will like the look of Boylesports’ eye-watering 22/1 for a repeat of Norwich’s 1-0 win in 1994, while the in-form Anthony Pilkington is a colossal 16/1 (Spoirtingbet) to net the opener.
- 1 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 2 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 5 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 6 Placheta must kick on at City
- 7 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Bushiri close to Eupen loan
- 9 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 10 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery