Doc may be on the bench
David Cuffley Defender Gary Doherty could be a surprise inclusion among the substitutes for Norwich City's Championship match at Bristol City this Saturday.
Defender Gary Doherty could be a surprise inclusion among the substitutes for Norwich City's Championship match at Bristol City tomorrow.
The 28-year-old centre-half, out of action since he suffered an ankle injury in City's first tour match in Sweden in July, was in the travelling party that left Colney this morning, with an afternoon training session planned in Bristol.
Said manager Glenn Roeder: “He's been in training. We're going to take him with us because Stefanovic is still suspended. It's whether we risk putting Doc on the bench or not tomorrow, because we are running short of defenders.
You may also want to watch:
“It is really too soon for him but we might just be forced to do it. There are three or four of them who need to train well and prove they're fit enough to be involved for tomorrow's game.”
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 5 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion