Doherty and Fleming join injury list
CHRIS LAKEY Norwich City's injury crisis has taken yet another turn for the worse, with central defenders Gary Doherty and Craig Fleming likely to be missing for several weeks.
Norwich City's injury crisis has taken yet another turn for the worse, with central defenders Gary Doherty and Craig Fleming likely to be missing for several weeks.
Both missed Saturday's 1-0 home win over Sunderland, Doherty with a back problem and club captain Fleming with a hamstring injury - and City boss Peter Grant fears the worst.
“It could be Christmas,” he said. “Early December, late December, I don't know.
You may also want to watch:
“Doc has got a problem with his back but things are not looking good for anything less than November, that's for sure - the same with Flem.”
If they don't reappear before Christmas they will miss eight Championship games - including the derby trip to Ipswich in a fortnight's time.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 10 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
Grant already has winger Lee Croft sidelined with an ankle injury, the ramifications of which will be known on Tuesday.
“If we gets the answer I am hoping for he will be four weeks - if I don't get the answer we are looking for it could be three four months,” said Grant.