Don’t worry, we’ll stay up, declares Norwich City defender Sebastien Bassong
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City defender Sebastien Bassong has insisted that he is certain the Canaries will NOT be relegated this season.
After a run of nine games without a Premier League win the Canaries are six points clear of the relegation zone – and Bassong is convinced they will still be in the top flight next season.
“We’ve had a great season so far at Norwich and I think we’ll be OK,” the Cameroon defender told Sky Sports’ Soccer AM programme.
“We’ve got a really good team and a squad of good quality. We haven’t been on a great run for 10 games now and we’re having a tough time, but we’ll bounce back and we’ll be safe.”
Bassong has not only helped beef up the Canaries defence this season, he has also weighed in with three goals – and he admits he just loves scoring.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve scored a couple of goals this season and it feels great to score because, you know, sometimes it’s a bit boring at the back,” he joked.
“When you get up front and you score goals, you’re happy about it.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: City remain top despite Luton defeat
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 3 Luton Town v Norwich City: Everything you need to know
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker
- 5 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 6 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 7 Farke on young blood and Hatters at boiling point
- 8 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 9 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
“If I was asked to play up front, I would do it. I’d get tired quick as you have to make different runs, but if I could score I’d be so delighted and tell the boss you’ve got to put me up front every week!”