Don’t worry, we’ll stay up, declares Norwich City defender Sebastien Bassong
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City defender Sebastien Bassong has insisted that he is certain the Canaries will NOT be relegated this season.
After a run of nine games without a Premier League win the Canaries are six points clear of the relegation zone – and Bassong is convinced they will still be in the top flight next season.
“We’ve had a great season so far at Norwich and I think we’ll be OK,” the Cameroon defender told Sky Sports’ Soccer AM programme.
“We’ve got a really good team and a squad of good quality. We haven’t been on a great run for 10 games now and we’re having a tough time, but we’ll bounce back and we’ll be safe.”
Bassong has not only helped beef up the Canaries defence this season, he has also weighed in with three goals – and he admits he just loves scoring.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve scored a couple of goals this season and it feels great to score because, you know, sometimes it’s a bit boring at the back,” he joked.
“When you get up front and you score goals, you’re happy about it.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
“If I was asked to play up front, I would do it. I’d get tired quick as you have to make different runs, but if I could score I’d be so delighted and tell the boss you’ve got to put me up front every week!”