Don’t worry, we’ll stay up, declares Norwich City defender Sebastien Bassong
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City defender Sebastien Bassong has insisted that he is certain the Canaries will NOT be relegated this season.
After a run of nine games without a Premier League win the Canaries are six points clear of the relegation zone – and Bassong is convinced they will still be in the top flight next season.
“We’ve had a great season so far at Norwich and I think we’ll be OK,” the Cameroon defender told Sky Sports’ Soccer AM programme.
“We’ve got a really good team and a squad of good quality. We haven’t been on a great run for 10 games now and we’re having a tough time, but we’ll bounce back and we’ll be safe.”
Bassong has not only helped beef up the Canaries defence this season, he has also weighed in with three goals – and he admits he just loves scoring.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve scored a couple of goals this season and it feels great to score because, you know, sometimes it’s a bit boring at the back,” he joked.
“When you get up front and you score goals, you’re happy about it.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
“If I was asked to play up front, I would do it. I’d get tired quick as you have to make different runs, but if I could score I’d be so delighted and tell the boss you’ve got to put me up front every week!”