Double delight for Blakeney
Two more cup finals have been settled in the Norwich Premier Security NE Norfolk League.
Midweek at Holt saw the Walcott Lighthouse Division Three League Cup go to Blakeney as they completed a league and cup double with a 4-1 victory over Glaven Valley. They had to come from behind as the Valley took a very early lead.
Buxton Reserves clinched the REW Subsidiary Cup on Saturday evening at a well-attended Rivers Park, Stalham with a goal in each half. Horning managed a consolation effort on the stroke of full-time.
Gimingham completed, as expected, a hat-trick of Slater & Frith Division One titles following their 1-0 win over Aldborough Lions with Glen Thurston scoring the all-important goal.
Corpusty ended their season with a 2-0 home win over Briston whilst East Ruston and Hickling ended theirs by sharing eight goals.
You may also want to watch:
Haisboro Athletic completed their Wayford Nurseries Division Two season as worthy champions, going through their league programme undefeated. That is an achievement in any standard of football, their concluding result a 3-2 win over Corpusty Reserves.
Blakeney also avoided a league defeat. they finished their programme with a 5-2 win at Mundesley Reserves.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
Aldborough Lions Reserves also ended on a high with a 3-1 success over Glaven Valley.
Saturday night sees the completion of the finals with the Nicholson’s of Stalham Benevolent Cup final at Greens Road, North Walsham, between Gimingham and Runton, ko 7.15pm.