Double delight for Hethersett
HETHERSETT Athletic Ladies had double cause for celebration at the weekend. Firstly they avoided a potential banana skin to beat Aylsham 2-1 in the Norfolk and Suffolk Cup thanks to goals from Emily Coates and Emma Mulley.
HETHERSETT Athletic Ladies had double cause for celebration at the weekend.
Firstly they avoided a potential banana skin to beat Aylsham 2-1 in the Norfolk and Suffolk Cup thanks to goals from Emily Coates and Emma Mulley. Aylsham knocked Hethersett out of the competition last season.
Then news came through that Eastern Region Premier Division leaders Barking had lost 4-1 to Peterborough.
That took Hethersett to within a single goal of claiming top place in the league.
You may also want to watch:
That will be the team's aim this Sunday when they take on bottom club Taverham in a re-arranged fixture.
With Barking involved in the FA Cup, a win would take Hethersett into top spot for the first time for two seasons.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 4 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 7 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 8 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto